Women in Kimono

tensai-riottensai-riot Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
edited February 27, 2011 in People
Took this of a friend at a wedding in Kyoto. I like how it tuned out, but C&C is always welcome =)

1198929482_4z3Ar-L.jpg
Stop by if you can tensai-riot photography
Or find me on facebook

Comments

• VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2011
    Nice gallery!! Love the shot of the walkway lit at the bottom and the tall bamboo.Great work.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2011
    Like the comp but the tones are off. I'd lay off the blue.
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2011
    Great site Jason, thoroughly enjoyed it. Some of the bike shots are incredible!

Re this pic above, for me it needs more illumination on the face. All the rest is fine, and I like the blue ambiance. I'd use a selective lightening/curves tool on the face to bring it out of the BG and draw the eye. The illumination of the face from the candle(?) is the main idea and it's not quite impactful enough imo. I might also bring out the creaminess a little in the kimono, so it plays more with the blue.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • tensai-riottensai-riot Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2011
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    Nice gallery!! Love the shot of the walkway lit at the bottom and the tall bamboo.Great work.

Thanks for checking out the gallery!! That walk way is in Kyoto's Arashiyama. It is a great place at all times of the year.
    Or find me on facebook
    edited February 26, 2011
    indiegirl wrote: »
    Like the comp but the tones are off. I'd lay off the blue.

Cheers, I wil watch the tones. I personally it this was, but good to keep that in mind =)
    Or find me on facebook
    edited February 26, 2011
    NeilL wrote: »
    Great site Jason, thoroughly enjoyed it. Some of the bike shots are incredible!

Re this pic above, for me it needs more illumination on the face. All the rest is fine, and I like the blue ambiance. I'd use a selective lightening/curves tool on the face to bring it out of the BG and draw the eye. The illumination of the face from the candle(?) is the main idea and it's not quite impactful enough imo. I might also bring out the creaminess a little in the kimono, so it plays more with the blue.

Neil

Hey Neil, glad to hear that you liked the site. I have been spending some decent time trying to clean it up and make it easy to navigate. And ya, the bike guys are crazy! Those events are lots of fun!!

And thanks about the photo here. I do think her face is a little to dark, so I will see if I can do (figure out) what you mention here. Thanks!!
    Or find me on facebook
    edited February 26, 2011
    Hey Neil, glad to hear that you liked the site. I have been spending some decent time trying to clean it up and make it easy to navigate. And ya, the bike guys are crazy! Those events are lots of fun!!

And thanks about the photo here. I do think her face is a little to dark, so I will see if I can do (figure out) what you mention here. Thanks!!

Here is what I am suggesting. I did this with PS, and Nik and onOne plugins. If I were more skillful with curves the same result is possible with masking. I resaved your jpg, so some loss of IQ is likely.

1199654729_cEn9N-L.jpg

edited February 27, 2011
    NeilL wrote: »
    Here is what I am suggesting. I did this with PS, and Nik and onOne plugins. If I were more skillful with curves the same result is possible with masking. I resaved your jpg, so some loss of IQ is likely.

1199654729_cEn9N-L.jpg

Thanks, but I can't see the image =(
    Or find me on facebook
    edited February 27, 2011
    I embedded it in my reply, and I can also see it in your quote above.

Neil