CH48- First Phone

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited September 24, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges

Comments

• SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2005
    Cute picture. Try auto color, or curves to bring up the light on the baby's face.
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    Definitely has the cuteness factor going for it. Seems a bit blury to me though. thumb.gif

Erich
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    erich6 wrote:
    Definitely has the cuteness factor going for it. Seems a bit blury to me though. thumb.gif

Erich

I agree. Kids are so awesome, though. I mean I generally don't go for cute things, and I don't anthropomorphize animals or get into cute little toys...but kids go beyond cute. They are truly amazing. A little curves work would go a long way to help the shot, but I'm not sure if it can recover from being soft.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    Thanks for the replies. This was shot early this morning with available light at f2.8 and 0.08 seconds. I suspect these both account for the softness and problems with color.

I'll keep trying. Unfortunately, she is much more interested in eating her toes than playing with the phone!iloveyou.gif
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    Mitchell wrote:
    Thanks for the replies. This was shot early this morning with available light at f2.8 and 0.08 seconds. I suspect these both account for the softness and problems with color.

I'll keep trying. Unfortunately, she is much more interested in eating her toes than playing with the phone!iloveyou.gif
    Oh boy, do I sympathize. I have a 16 month old granddaughter who is quite a challenge to photograph. I have tons of pictures that are slightly soft but wonderful captures otherwise.

In the case of your photo, her left hand looks like it is perfectly in focus, but the rest of it is definitely soft, so there is hope if you can interest her in the phone again. (Yeah, right!)

I've found that use of an axilliary flash bounced off the ceiling can help.

Good luck. She is a cutie and the idea is a good one. thumb.gif

Va.

Email