Options

FS: Trek-tech MagMount PRO ball head

marchymanmarchyman Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited March 9, 2011 in The Kitchen Sink
I'm selling a lightly used Tech-Trek ball head with magnetic mount. See http://www.trek-tech.com/products/magmount.html for details. The mount comes with instructions, two camera adapters (on for small cameras and the other for heavier cameras) and the allen wrench used to install one of the adapters. I do NOT have the 3/8-16 to 1/4-20 adapter. List price for a new unit $70 but you can find them in the $40 range. You can have this one for $28, shipped priority mail anywhere in the US. Paypal OK.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 6, 2011
    I guess $28 was too much Price dropped to $23.
  • Options
    scottgee1scottgee1 Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2011
    marchyman, is the 3/8-16 to 1/4-20 adapter normally included? For what is it needed?
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2011
    The video shows the connection mechanism well, but it doesnt show how easy it is to adjust the ballhead and how firmly it stays put. Whats your experience been?
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2011
    scottgee1 wrote: »
    marchyman, is the 3/8-16 to 1/4-20 adapter normally included? For what is it needed?

Yes, the adapter is included with a new head. I seemed to have misplaced it as I didn't need it. If the device you are going to mount the head has a 3/8-16 (typical of heavier tripods, I believe) you don't need the adapter. Some light weight devices use the smaller 1/4-20 which is the same size as the hole in your camera.
    Pupator wrote: »
    The video shows the connection mechanism well, but it doesnt show how easy it is to adjust the ballhead and how firmly it stays put. Whats your experience been?

It was fine for my Digital Rebel with the 17-85 zoom. It worked with my 7D and a 70-200 f/4 when attached to the camera, but I tended to worry a bit. I don't think I'd have tried anything heavier. It would have worked better if I had the lens mount for the 70-200.

Anything else?