Experimenting CCs welcome always.

1199527594_HwqVs-L.jpg

1199527708_b7FYR-L.jpg

1199527791_YXVi3-L.jpg

1199527860_285dQ-L.jpg

Comments

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2011
    Interesting concept. I like #2 the best with #4 close behind. I think it's because they have fairly strong shadows that help define the subject. That gets away somewhat from the true white-on-white concept but for these images as they are, I really like those two.I think #2 is especially strong. I like the curl and placement of the paper (I assume that's what you are using?). I hope you'll share some more as you continue your experiment. I find the whole concept fascinating!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2011
    redleash wrote: »
    Interesting concept. I like #2 the best with #4 close behind. I think it's because they have fairly strong shadows that help define the subject. That gets away somewhat from the true white-on-white concept but for these images as they are, I really like those two.I think #2 is especially strong. I like the curl and placement of the paper (I assume that's what you are using?). I hope you'll share some more as you continue your experiment. I find the whole concept fascinating!

Lauren

Thanks for the comments Lauren. I will keep experimenting, this was done with natural light, I'd like to try different lighting, textures, black-on-black?
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2011
    I really enjoyed these photos. Something I've always thought of doing and haven't had a chance to yet.

Natural light .. my favorite lighting.

Can't wait to see what you do with blacks :D
    edited February 28, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    I really enjoyed these photos. Something I've always thought of doing and haven't had a chance to yet.

Natural light .. my favorite lighting.

Can't wait to see what you do with blacks :D

Thanks I'll keep trying my hand at this. I think there are endless possibilities here.
  • jsquerijsqueri Registered Users Posts: 244 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2011
    Great stuff, it looks like a fun shoot. #3 is my fav.

I think I'll have to take a stab at it. Did you tape or glue any of it?
    edited March 1, 2011
    jsqueri wrote: »
    Great stuff, it looks like a fun shoot. #3 is my fav.

I think I'll have to take a stab at it. Did you tape or glue any of it?

Thanks, glad you liked it. The loop was taped together but not to the background.