Luckenbach TX on a Weekday

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited March 2, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
When my brother was here in January, he wanted to drive up to Luckenbach, famous in Willie and Waylon's song. It's less than an hour from me and is fun to visit a little, shoot a bit, and then head on down the road. Depending on when you arrive, you might catch some pickers and singers--I've seen them perform inside and outside. Quite a few unusual, rustic, rusty, and numerous other adjective-laden subjects to choose from. This was mainly just a quick walk-around for the family, but I did shoot a few. They are really of the travel snapshot variety, but I thought I'd share nonetheless. C&C is always welcome but not necessary. Just enjoy and have a laugh or two!

Lauren

1. Sign over one of the bar doors
1199778216_VJqLa-M.jpg

2. Guitar storage - note the tip jar in lower right corner
1199740145_zokju-M.jpg

3. Wish I'd been there to see this event!
1199742480_xGYmf-M.jpg

4. "Simple Rules"
1199782218_ytAwT-M.jpg

5. "Simple Rules No. 2"
1199786652_ZNeXV-M.jpg

6. "Fusion" - cropped to show parts of bikes & jacket, PP in Topaz Detail
1199787855_THiLQ-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2011
    Interesting shots. Looks like it would be a fun place to shoot. I like what you did with the motorcycles.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2011
    Hey Lauren,

Many thanks for stoking my old memory banks. When I lived in Austin, the outlying hill country was like my second home. I sure miss that neck of the woods. Keep the good stuff coming.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2011
    Thanks, Ceci. When I saw the motorcycle shot, I thought it might work with something a bit more dramatic. Glad you like it.

Tom - I can always count on you to view and comment on my Hill Country shots. I am really focusing (pun intended) my efforts on this area. As you know, there is a huge variety of subjects around here. I am working on some more shots and will post soon. Enjoy! (And come back here to TX one of these days so we can go on a shoot.)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2011
    A fun series......and I really like the motorcycle shot......

Shot with a Nikon D300s???????
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2011
    I agree with Gary .. fun series :D
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2011
    Hey Lauren,

When/what events are going to be there this spring?
    Randy
    edited February 28, 2011
    Gary - Yes, shot with my D300s. I like it, although I am having some trouble with focus on some of my landscape shots. Need more practice, I expect.

Randy - The Legendary Picker Circle is May 28, along with dancing to Two Tons of Steel. Lots of other music events practically every day. Here's a link to the calendar: http://www.luckenbachtexas.com/index.cfm?id=ac8df585-0781-407a-ac9e013e06ccd980. The Hill COuntry Motorcycle Rally is first weekend in May. Let me know if you want to meet up at some event! Now that you've mentioned this, I think I may drive up this week and try to practice some performer shots. :D

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2011
    Yes - lots of interesting subjects. It looks like a fun place. quite the contrast to see rustic signs and objects then a futuristic bike1 :D
    edited March 2, 2011
    Thanks, Eia!

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com