canon 7d firmware ver 1.1.0 /pocket wizard

sharagim1sharagim1 Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
edited March 28, 2011 in Cameras
i just bought 2 pocket wizard flex tt5 and one mini tt1.
but unfortunatly i"m not able to use it.
i have one softbox westcotte flash kit which is installed one 580exll with flex tt5/and i have also one umberela which is put the secound 580exll with flex tt5,
when i take shot after see part of the image is black, lokks like shutter didn"t open sufficient,
i seach in the diffrenet photography forum, but still i don"t know what i have to this problem?
my canon 7d firmware which i can see on the yellow menu ,is 1.1.0
am ishould to upgrade it to new version 1.2.3?

any help need would be great.
canon EOS 7D /canon 5d mark ll/ EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM/EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM/ canon lens 85mm 1.8

Comments

• Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2011
    The first thing to check is that you mini/flexes have the lastest firmware update. The should have 5.200 loaded. Use the PocketWizard utility and the USB cable to do the checking and updating if necessary.

Also your flashes should be set to eTTL mode and it should not be in master nor slave mode, what Canon calls off.

You should try a master reset, hold down the reset button on each mini/flex, on after the other, for about 20 seconds.

Make sure all the mini/flex's are set to the same channel, like C1, and the same group, like A, with the switches on the sides of the mini/flex's.

Turn on the all the mini/flex's before you turn on the camera and flashes. Then turn on the camera/flashes. The first shot is synchronizing shot and the image might not be correct. The subsequent ones should be ok.

sharagim1 wrote: »
    i just bought 2 pocket wizard flex tt5 and one mini tt1.
    but unfortunatly i"m not able to use it.
    i have one softbox westcotte flash kit which is installed one 580exll with flex tt5/and i have also one umberela which is put the secound 580exll with flex tt5,
    when i take shot after see part of the image is black, lokks like shutter didn"t open sufficient,
    i seach in the diffrenet photography forum, but still i don"t know what i have to this problem?
    my canon 7d firmware which i can see on the yellow menu ,is 1.1.0
    am ishould to upgrade it to new version 1.2.3?

any help need would be great.
  • Smphoto74Smphoto74 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 28, 2011
    Shutter speed
    I'm guessing your shutter speed is to fast. Lower it down to 1/200 and it should be good to go. You may be able to get 1/250 but if you keep raising it 1/320 you will notice the black covering more of the image. 1/200 or slower and you should be good to go.

Update us so we know if you got the issue fixed or not. ;)