Options

How to keep Assistant from saving photos

Freedom ChicFreedom Chic Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited February 28, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi there- I do a lot of charity work for dog rescues. One of them has a marketing company that is re-branding them & providing tons of new collateral for free. They want to use my photos, but someone is going to have to go through hundreds & hundreds of them to find what they want. The 'collect' tool will work wonderfully for this task. So, I thought I'd give them assistant access, however this access actually gives them the ability to download the original file. If I could grant them this permission on a gallery specific basis, that'd be great. It doesn't seem that I can do that, though. So, I'm wondering how I can accomplish the ease of the collection tool without the risk of the save tool? I don't know the people at the marketing company & I don't want to risk their use of any of the other photos on my site.:scratch

Can anyone help with a solution? :dunno

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2011
    I'm sorry, the Assistant Password is just like it sounds - was built for a trusted assistant to the pro. I wish I had a better, different answer for you :(
  • Options
    Freedom ChicFreedom Chic Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited February 27, 2011
    I figured as much:( Thanks for your very quick reply. I welcome any other ideas for workarounds!
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2011
    It is manual labor and consumes time that we all hate to lose....but......have them email the file names of the ones they want...you download sign and either ftp them or mail a disk to them......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2011
    You could always use the events feature to create an event that includes just the galleries that pertain. That way, they can at least set their. Then you'll see the favorites in a separate gallery. You will still need to download and send the images yourself, but it will be a little easier to track which ones to send.
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    jwcoffeejwcoffee Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2011
    One of the features of iStock that I really appreciate is what they call a "light box". I sign in (as a customer) and am given the opportunity to collect images into different lightboxes. If SmugMug had this feature, you could create the account, give the customer the access info, and then review their lightbox(s) collections.

Just thinking out loud.

Hi there- I do a lot of charity work for dog rescues. One of them has a marketing company that is re-branding them & providing tons of new collateral for free. They want to use my photos, but someone is going to have to go through hundreds & hundreds of them to find what they want. The 'collect' tool will work wonderfully for this task. So, I thought I'd give them assistant access, however this access actually gives them the ability to download the original file. If I could grant them this permission on a gallery specific basis, that'd be great. It doesn't seem that I can do that, though. So, I'm wondering how I can accomplish the ease of the collection tool without the risk of the save tool? I don't know the people at the marketing company & I don't want to risk their use of any of the other photos on my site.headscratch.gif

Can anyone help with a solution? ne_nau.gif
    Jim Coffee
    Photographer, Panographer
    James Coffee Studios
    Escondido, CA