CH48-Paige's Phone

DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
edited September 28, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
My step-daughter's room/phone. The thing is just stuck on the wall--not even on a phone jack. Go figure a 15 year old girl.

Click on pix for EXIF.

Oh, and comments, please.

37303670-L.jpg

37303428-L.jpg
Moderator Emeritus
Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops

Comments

• SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2005
    Cool looking phone, The second photo focuses more on the phone, vey colorful.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    I like both of these photos a lot. Each is well composed and intriguing. My own choice for the challenge is the second because the phone is clearly the focus of the composition. But I confess to liking the first one best as a photograph because it tells more of a story. They are both wonderful though. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif Good luck!

Va

Email
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    Thanks for the comments. I don't enter the challenges often, but I'm really glad that this one got me to brave entering her room to record it for posterity.
    Moderator Emeritus
    How 'bout this one?

37316266-L.jpg
    Moderator Emeritus
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    Flyinggina wrote:
    I like both of these photos a lot. Each is well composed and intriguing. My own choice for the challenge is the second because the phone is clearly the focus of the composition. But I confess to liking the first one best as a photograph because it tells more of a story. They are both wonderful though. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif Good luck!

Va
    15524779-Ti.gif

Tough call on this one. The first one is overall a better picture but the second one emphasizes the phone. Hmmm...probably could get away with entering the first since the theme association will be obvious nontheless....

I don't like the third one as much.

Erich
    erich6 wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif

Tough call on this one. The first one is overall a better picture but the second one emphasizes the phone. Hmmm...probably could get away with entering the first since the theme association will be obvious nontheless....

I don't like the third one as much.

Erich

I didn't either, but after the first two comments I was thinking maybe it was a good compromise--but is there ever a GOOD compromise? I guess not in this case.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    An embarassment of riches. :D

Va.

Email
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    I would have a hard time chosing. What an interesting room your step daughter has. Good for you for letting her do her thing...
    4labs wrote:
    I would have a hard time chosing. What an interesting room your step daughter has. Good for you for letting her do her thing...

That means you like them? Or they don't do anything for you?
    Moderator Emeritus
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    DavidTO wrote:
    Oh i am sorry I like em both...
    4labs wrote:
    Oh i am sorry I like em both...

Don't be sorry!

Thanks for the feedback.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    Tough choice among nice pics. Love the colors, although I would not be able to sleep in a room like that.

The first pic is the best of the bunch, but the third has a much better emphasis on telephone. Your call!rolleyes1.gif
    Mitchell wrote:
    Tough choice among nice pics. Love the colors, although I would not be able to sleep in a room like that.

The first pic is the best of the bunch, but the third has a much better emphasis on telephone. Your call!rolleyes1.gif

Thanks Mitchell.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    Toss a coin on the pics....but spend a few on a switch plate for that open switch. Good way to light up. :uhoh I'd like to see some different lighting used. Something a bit "darker" and dramatic. Cast some shadows perhaps???

MM
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
    Toss a coin on the pics....but spend a few on a switch plate for that open switch. Good way to light up. :uhoh I'd like to see some different lighting used. Something a bit "darker" and dramatic. Cast some shadows perhaps???

MM

She took the plate off when she painted the room. Like I said, I don't go in there much...

But I'll take your advice and get it covered.

I'll think about the lighting. That was my 420EX and Lightsphere II. Bouncey bouncey.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • rckmtlrckmtl Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited September 25, 2005
    I enjoyed these shots. Personally, as a phone photo I think the second one works better. As an overall photo I liked the first oen best. The way the surfboard -and- the phone are tilted lends a sense of continuity to the picture, at least to me.
  • skufukuskufuku Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited September 25, 2005
    Cool shots. Personally I like the second one, it fits the challenge best IMHO. As has already been said it focuses the attention on the phone. I like the color but I think the perspective makes it great. Good Job.
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2005
    1st is a cool photo -it would do really well in a "Teenagers" challenge. But 2nd is best for "phones".

skufuku wrote:
    Cool shots. Personally I like the second one, it fits the challenge best IMHO. As has already been said it focuses the attention on the phone. I like the color but I think the perspective makes it great. Good Job.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • Sask2005Sask2005 Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2005
    crazy!!!!!
    DavidTO wrote:
    crazy!!!!!