Leaping Lurker

Diane SDiane S Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
edited September 25, 2005 in People
spacer.gifI'm new to digital grins/smugmug... and if I'm readin' correctly.. I'm probably a 'lurker'... :huh

But I wanted to share this leaping dancer recently shot at a Latin Music Festival.... she sure had the moves going on. thanks diane

Large.jpg:dunno I tried to load the pic, but my http didn't seem to work.. i'll have to get some help....

spacer.gif
Largespacer.gif
Medium
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.dianeschafer.com

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2005
    Fantastic shot.

You need to figure out how to get it to show in this thread, though, huh?

Try this thread for more info.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Diane SDiane S Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    DavidTO wrote:
    Fantastic shot.

You need to figure out how to get it to show in this thread, though, huh?

Try this thread for more info.
    thanks David.. I used the attachment and that worked thumb.gif
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    Diane S wrote:
    thanks David.. I used the attachment and that worked thumb.gif

Cool.

You'll be better served by learning how to link to your smugmug account.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    Hi Diane,

I used the burn tool in Photoshop to remove the photographer opposite you found it improved the picture. Also slight sharpening and contrast adjustement really made it "pop".

I'd love to see it in color.

Owen
  • DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2005
    Diane, your link URL should look like this: All of your images are in the same directory on Smugmug so all you have to have is the photonumber followed by the size. In this case the photo number is 36851148 and the size is large shown by the -L plus the file extension, .jpg, or all together - 36851148-L.jpg.

The http://dianes.smugmug.com/photos/ should always be the same.

You can get the photo number and size from the link in your address line while you are viewing the image on your smugmug site:
    Small = -S
    Medium = -M
    Large = -L

Normally you can get the info by right-clicking on your image while viewing it on Smugmug and copy the link from the image Properties, but you (I do it on mine as well) have right-click disable on your Smugmug pages so you can't do it the normal way. The way I described it takes a few more keystrokes to enter the link, but it works just fine and you can show multiple images in the same post.

The end result will look like this (I used the small one):

36851148-S.jpg

I hope this makes it easier for you to post your images.

BTW, I really like this one. thumb.gifthumb.gif
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
    ...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    G'day Diane & welcome to D/grin. That lady dancing is spectacular !

The photographer in the background really helps the shot...love his braces.
    Gus
  • DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    Gus, he needs those suspenders otherwise his pants would fall down. That's what happens when the belly gets bigger than the hips. :D
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
    ...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    Welcome to Dgrin! Great to have you here.

I love the energy in this shot and your photoshop work too. Great stuffthumb.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    Dixie wrote:
    Gus, he needs those suspenders otherwise his pants would fall down. That's what happens when the belly gets bigger than the hips. :D
    Thats the odd thing...you will never ever see them here. I have no idea how the big fellas get by here but they dont wear suspenders.

I saw them all over the place in the US. We may be similar type people but still worlds apart in some ways.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    Hello and welcome!

I took a look at your post and the linky is broken. More than likely it's because
    of how your galleries are set up. Take a look at the link above (which explains
    how to post pictures). It'll explain most everything.

Again, welcome and glad to see you've de-lurked thumb.gif

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    Humungus wrote:
    Thats the odd thing...you will never ever see them here. I have no idea how the big fellas get by here but they dont wear suspenders.

I saw them all over the place in the US. We may be similar type people but still worlds apart in some ways.
    Gus...Have you not seen the coin slot?rolleyes1.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
    Dixie wrote:
    I hope this makes it easier for you to post your images.

BTW, I really like this one. thumb.gifthumb.gif
    YES!! That answered a LOT of questions and problems I had when trying to find the SM photo number to insert a pic...since I have my right-click-on-pic turned off.

THANKS!!!clap.gifclap
    diane
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Owen wrote:
    Hi Diane,

I used the burn tool in Photoshop to remove the photographer opposite you found it improved the picture. Also slight sharpening and contrast adjustement really made it "pop".

I'd love to see it in color.

Owen
    Thanks Owen for the helpful critique... taking out the photographer does bring the eye to focus on the dancer better....it gives it a different perspective. I chose to leave the photog in and the woman in the wheel chair to give the diagonal 3 person perspective ... 3 different perspectives of life... I think your way also works. Thanks.
    And you asked to see it in color.... this is why I choose to use a toned version... the color seemed flat.

Large.jpg
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    Diane S wrote:
    Thanks Owen for the helpful critique... taking out the photographer does bring the eye to focus on the dancer better....it gives it a different perspective. I chose to leave the photog in and the woman in the wheel chair to give the diagonal 3 person perspective ... 3 different perspectives of life... I think your way also works. Thanks.
    And you asked to see it in color.... this is why I choose to use a toned version... the color seemed flat.

Large.jpg

diane - you still don't have the embedding thing right: use the "share with forums" button, enabled in your gallery customization by clicking "yes" to that feature (easy sharing). then, you simply highlight and copy that link (usually it will end in -L.jpg or -M.jpg

you have to also have external links turned *on* in your gallery settings.

once you do, it's easy, all your links will look like this (ignore the *, they are there only so you can see the actual code, ok?).

[*img]http://dianes.smugmug.com/photos/37410319-L.jpg[*/img]

wave.gif welcome to dgrin! you'll get the hang of it quickly :D
    andy wrote:
    diane - you still don't have the embedding thing right: use the "share with forums" button, enabled in your gallery customization by clicking "yes" to that feature (easy sharing). then, you simply highlight and copy that link (usually it will end in -L.jpg or -M.jpg

you have to also have external links turned *on* in your gallery settings.

once you do, it's easy, all your links will look like this (ignore the *, they are there only so you can see the actual code, ok?).

[*img]http://dianes.smugmug.com/photos/37410319-L.jpg[*/img]

wave.gif welcome to dgrin! you'll get the hang of it quickly :D
    ahhhhhhhh i see.... slowly.... I turned on the external links.. that was off.. and the easy sharing... I think next time I will have it... ummm maybe :):
    THANKS!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    Hi Diane wave.gif welcome to the mad house!