Grand Central Shoot

hioo1hioo1 Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited March 1, 2011 in People
I had an idea for a photo shoot the other day when my dad told me he said I should print up a shot for my grandmother of the clock in Grand Central Terminal, because that is where my grandmother received her engagement ring from my grandfather during World War II, after him being out at see for years.

I go into the story further on my blog, but the idea was planted in my head to try and recreate their reunion as much as I could. This is why the clock and station are an important part of each shot.

1197622049_awiCp-M-1.jpg
Reunited Under the Clock

1197622690_2LYMK-M-1.jpg
Kissing Under the Clock

1197624653_9mD48-M.jpg
Hudled in the Station

1197626147_MsgR9-M.jpg
Love in the Big Station

As always comments and critique are welcome! :D

Comments

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2011
    I love the idea but imo you missed on execution. The images presented are soft and underxposed for starters. I don't like the colors choices in the clothing either..her red dress dominates the shot and his black coat lost all detail. The yellow cast in the background is also distracting..BW conversion may help alleviate these issues. But lastly I am not getting any scope or grandeur of the station..gotta shoot much wider and also pick a time where there might be less folks around and when the light through the windows don't blow out in the image. Find some staricases or something as well that might add to the frame.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • B JoynerB Joyner Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2011
    I tried shooting some pics there on a family vacation. They came out terrible.
    I would love to go back and try it again.
    I agree that some are a little soft, but you got some good ones too.
    I really like the last one. It was my favorite in your gallery also.
    Good job.