Celebrity Photo Shoots (no pics, just advice needed)

indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
edited March 4, 2011 in People
I worked with local celebrities last year (not in a photo capacity) and have remained in touch professionally since going solo last fall. I just got an email wanting to do a photo session with one of them and her new baby next week. I'm so freaking excited.

Have you worked with celebs? Any advice? She's so freaking cool and I am just giddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2011
    indiegirl wrote: »
    Have you worked with celebs? Any advice? She's so freaking cool and I am just giddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Depending on the person and their handlers (if they have them), you may only have a few minutes to get through the shoot. Be prepared to shoot the moment they walk in. If you have an assistant (or can get one) to "fill" in before hand you can get all your set up and lights ready before hand.

No matter how much time you have planned with them, it can change in a moment. Your hour can be five minutes by the time they walk in and sit down.

Whatever you do, find out what touch ups may have to be done to the image. Some people (especially those who are famous or somewhat famous) have a very good idea of what they like to look like. If their hair or eyes need a slight color adjustment or if a tattoo needs to be removed, you need to know this before they show up. Same goes with wrinkles, lazy eyes, drooping lips, or whatever.

Lastly, discuss and put in writing how the image may or may not be used. Not only for them but for you.
    Steve

Website
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2011
    do your standard shots and do some thing totally original and off the wall as well
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2011
    Totally Agree with Cygnus Studios on this.......do a call on a couple of days prior to appt for any final questions and to confirm time allotment, do not rush any thing in the shoot and make her feel comfortable, as it was said to me by singer with many hits "we are people just like you, we put our pants on one leg at a time...so glad you treat me like a regular person"........study the Anne Geddis (sp?) books for ideas then make a shot or 2 your own.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2011
    Thanks, guys. I sent over my standard release tonight and she approved it with some easy caveats. It's just the new babe. She wanted to make sure it was just me doing the shoot--which is fine. It'll be at her house (unless she says otherwise), so I'll prepare for anything ... Also, she wants to do all communication via email.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2011
    indiegirl wrote: »
    Thanks, guys. I sent over my standard release tonight and she approved it with some easy caveats. It's just the new babe. She wanted to make sure it was just me doing the shoot--which is fine. It'll be at her house (unless she says otherwise), so I'll prepare for anything ... Also, she wants to do all communication via email.

Email communication is fantastic as both parties have "hard" copies should a problem arise in the future.
    Good Luck and have great fun......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2011
    Holy crap, another one booked! I can hardly believe it.