Options

WTB: Nikon 10.5mm DX Fisheye

pyanezpyanez Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
edited March 9, 2011 in Nikon Land
Must be in excellent shape. Please let me know what you have (age, condition, what's included, etc) as well as how it might be best to look at some sample images from the lens.

Over at our friend's webpage -- fredmiranda.com -- they seem to be going for ~$480 shipped and PP'd. So I'm looking for one in that range, unless we can do better here ;-)

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2011
    did you see this from last week?

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=191507
    //Leah
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2011
    Yep, I had seen that, but it was a bit above what I was looking to pay. If no 10.5s are available at an attractive price I'm thinking of looking at either the Rokinon (Samyang/Bower/etc) or the Zenitar Fishes -- I think in this particular case AF performance is almost irrelevant, and all of these seem to have similar optical characteristics (both good and bad).

Regardless, thanks for the heads up.

P
    catspaw wrote: »
    did you see this from last week?

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=191507
  • Options
    catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2011
    pyanez wrote: »
    Yep, I had seen that, but it was a bit above what I was looking to pay. If no 10.5s are available at an attractive price I'm thinking of looking at either the Rokinon (Samyang/Bower/etc) or the Zenitar Fishes -- I think in this particular case AF performance is almost irrelevant, and all of these seem to have similar optical characteristics (both good and bad).

Regardless, thanks for the heads up.

P

Ah. you might want to mention a price point then if that's one of your considerations.
    //Leah
  • Options
    ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    I bought mine locally used for $550. It was in nice shape and it is one of my favorite lenses. You need to remember you are not comparing apples to apples. The cheapo lenses will not produce the same IQ the Nikon version does. Sigma might be a good option for less $ and good quality.
  • Options
    r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    I've got one I'll sell you for $600 today. It's in mint condition and only used about a dozen times with box/papers/original stuff.

:D

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2011
    Sorry but $600 is above what my budget will allow. Thanks though.