deleted for privacy

laurenornotlaurenornot Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
edited August 17, 2017 in People
deleted for privacy

Comments

• lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2011
    Snazzy!! I really like these, great job!
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2011
    these are very nice..great poses, compositions, processing, etc. I think all the concersn about the shadows and such can deb taken care of in post
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • laurenornotlaurenornot Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2011
    Thank you both!

Oh, I know all of that can be done in post - by someone who knows what they're doing. Unfortunately, I'm completely incompetent in Photoshop. Completely. It's so sad.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2011
    Really neat shots. 6 is the only one I don't care for but I think it is the glasses not your photography.
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2011
    Excellent shots! You have a distinct approach and attitude in your work that comes through. Don't be discouraged with PS. Take it in small chunks and get a good book on the basics. Take it from someone who has no tech savvy whatever. It's not difficult once you get your head around the fundamentals. A surprisingly intuitive program.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2011
    He's got bags under his eyes? So, that's him. So what.

Interesting shots. I think #2 has a lot of potential. I'd like to see different crop ideas on that one, including portrait orientation angled with more of his body in action. Also, the BG a little lighter, more contrasty with suit, and more play with shadows behind. Maybe...?

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
    edited March 5, 2011
    NeilL wrote: »
    He's got bags under his eyes? So, that's him. So what.

Interesting shots. I think #2 has a lot of potential. I'd like to see different crop ideas on that one, including portrait orientation angled with more of his body in action. Also, the BG a little lighter, more contrasty with suit, and more play with shadows behind. Maybe...?

Neil

Thanks for the C&C! During the shoot we put on the new Radiohead record, and he started doing a little Thom Yorke impression (http://vimeo.com/20206876) so I sort of styled the shot after that. The whole dance was over pretty quickly and I was using a 50mm lens on a crop sensor so I didn't get much room to compose, but I did get these - I just don't like them nearly as much for obvious reasons:

ilB6QS.jpg
    edited March 5, 2011
    Excellent shots! You have a distinct approach and attitude in your work that comes through. Don't be discouraged with PS. Take it in small chunks and get a good book on the basics. Take it from someone who has no tech savvy whatever. It's not difficult once you get your head around the fundamentals. A surprisingly intuitive program.

Thanks so much! I think if I'm going to get more into Photoshop, I need to invest in a tablet. My laptop trackpad may be making it seem more daunting than it has to be...
    edited March 5, 2011
    I actually like the pose in the left pic above in post #8 more than the original #2

BTW He needs to get a longer sleeve size in shirts.

Neil

edited March 5, 2011
    NeilL wrote: »
    I actually like the pose in the left pic above in post #8 more than the original #2

BTW He needs to get a longer sleeve size in shirts.

Neil

Eh, I don't like his facial expression in that one. But I appreciate the input :)
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2011
    1, 3, and 5....very cool! Nice job!
  • metmet Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2011
    The processing and vibe on these are really cool. I enjoyed seeing viewing them.
    edited March 6, 2011
    I really like the Radiohead dance set. I'd kill for that suit! :D

edited March 7, 2011
    I'd kill for that suit! :D

It's only a jacket. You wouldn't want to go to the electric chair without trousers would you?

Neil

edited March 7, 2011
    I wasn't paying attention to his pants. How about just assault and battery for the jacket? mwink.gif

edited March 7, 2011
    I wasn't paying attention to his pants. How about just assault and battery for the jacket? mwink.gif

For what it's worth, the jacket is from TOPMAN and he said it's no longer listed on their website but it is closest to this: http://us.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33059&storeId=13051&productId=2250361&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=207536&parent_categoryId=247580&sort_field=Relevance&pageSize=200 mwink.gif