Parowan Gap Petroglyphs

oldovaloldoval Registered Users Posts: 456 Major grins
edited March 5, 2011 in Other Cool Shots

Comments

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2011
    Nice to see these. Thx. Looks like you had nice light to take em in.
    Michael
  • oldovaloldoval Registered Users Posts: 456 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2011
    Thank you Michael. These were taken midday in bright sunlight but I took a 3 bracket shot and used HDR to bring out some contrast.
    edited March 5, 2011
    oldoval wrote: »
    Thank you Michael. These were taken midday in bright sunlight but I took a 3 bracket shot and used HDR to bring out some contrast.
    Hmmm... Really. Wouldn't have thought HDR. Just clean PP and initial work.
    Michael
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2011
    Very interesting captures....nicely handled to bring out all the details. The artist on the next-to-last one must have been a real visionary.....he knew what New York City was going to look like.

And, yes, I noticed that you even found some rusty rocks. You're getting pretty good at this rust thing.:D

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • oldovaloldoval Registered Users Posts: 456 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2011
    Thank you Tom. These artists were quite ahead of their time. They used this gap in the mountain as sort of a calender since it lines up with the winter and summer solstice. The area has been studied by everyone from scientists to new age witch doctors.

Here's some reading. http://www.parowangap.org/
    edited March 5, 2011
    Very interesting captures....nicely handled to bring out all the details. The artist on the next-to-last one must have been a real visionary.....he knew what New York City was going to look like.

And, yes, I noticed that you even found some rusty rocks. You're getting pretty good at this rust thing.:D

Tom
    Nice Tom :D Couldn't think of it and you did once again. Making it easy for
    me. Appreciated. mwink.gif
    Michael