Truchas, NM

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited March 5, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
While riding in NM a while back, we came upon a very old little town on top of the mountains, Truchas, NM. As usual, I didn't have time to stop, but I was impressed with the simplicity of this little town, and the awesome views enjoyed by all that lived there on the mountain top.
Randy

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2011
    Yo Pard,

Good captures of some of the local, colorful, art work. I'm surprised at how clean the building art appears to have been kept. I have a good friend here who owns a home in Angel Fire, near Taos. He keeps asking me to go out there with him sometime. Your pictures here....and on the link you provided....are impetus for me to join him.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • jsquerijsqueri Registered Users Posts: 244 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2011
    I really like the last one.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2011
    Yo Pard,

Good captures of some of the local, colorful, art work. I'm surprised at how clean the building art appears to have been kept. I have a good friend here who owns a home in Angel Fire, near Taos. He keeps asking me to go out there with him sometime. Your pictures here....and on the link you provided....are impetus for me to join him.

Take care,

Tom

You'd really enjoy northern NM Tom thumb.gif

It has tons of history, and the photo opportunities seem endless. I try to get there every year. When you visit your friend, make a wide swath tour of northern NM, and don't miss the old part of Santa Fe and Las Vegas, NM.
    Randy
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2011
    jsqueri wrote: »
    I really like the last one.

Thanks for looking and the comment John!
    Randy