Car Explosion of Color

ruexp2ruexp2 Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
edited March 6, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Marin Sonoma Concours d'Elegance, held at the Marin Civic Center last year. Have never done this before so I thought it would be a fun experience. All the cars were awesome! So here are a few shots from that day. Used a circular polarizer and shot in the morning with a cloudy sky to cut glare. Caption themes are from songs or lyrics. http://www.mjexp2.com/Cars/mjexp2/16073644_MwpzM#1206350851_htrQH Enjoy
Canon 7D
Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 VC
Tamron 70-300mm F/4-5.6 VC
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
Nexto eXtreme Image backup device 160GB

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2011
    That is a really nice series.....Beautiful cars, and you did a grate job capturing them......thumb.gifgary
  • ruexp2ruexp2 Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2011
    Azzaro wrote: »
    That is a really nice series.....Beautiful cars, and you did a grate job capturing them......thumb.gifgary

Thank you Gary
    Canon 7D
    Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 VC
    Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
  • senorjaxsenorjax Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2011
    You've got some very nice shots there, must have been fun to shoot. That bus/van thing in the background of the photo you attached above is from another world. I really want to check it out up close.

Hey, all your shots on the smugmug link are nice and crisp but on my monitor the one you posted is sort of soft, so it's likely an upload issue. Since you have a smugmug account, the simplest way to post sharp images is to click on the photo you want to upload, click the 'share' button, click on 'get a link', in the 'photo link' tab click on the 'copy' button of the size you wish to upload (large is a good default size). Come back to DGrin, write your message, and when you get to where you want to add the photo click on that yellow square up above (second from the right) that looks like a postcard with mountains on it. When the box opens hit ctrl +V (on a PC) to paste your photo, hit ok and you've got it. If you already know this then I apologize, I didn't mean to infer otherwise.
    Jay
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2011
    Azzaro wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gifPretty neat work with that camera. Nice to see these autos.
    Michael
  • ruexp2ruexp2 Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2011
    senorjax wrote: »
    You've got some very nice shots there, must have been fun to shoot. That bus/van thing in the background of the photo you attached above is from another world. I really want to check it out up close.

Hey, all your shots on the smugmug link are nice and crisp but on my monitor the one you posted is sort of soft, so it's likely an upload issue. Since you have a smugmug account, the simplest way to post sharp images is to click on the photo you want to upload, click the 'share' button, click on 'get a link', in the 'photo link' tab click on the 'copy' button of the size you wish to upload (large is a good default size). Come back to DGrin, write your message, and when you get to where you want to add the photo click on that yellow square up above (second from the right) that looks like a postcard with mountains on it. When the box opens hit ctrl +V (on a PC) to paste your photo, hit ok and you've got it. If you already know this then I apologize, I didn't mean to infer otherwise.

Thanks Jay I will try that next time I post. Hopefully I can follow your steps without me goofing something up. Just getting a hang of the SM site and steps. Peacebowdown.gif
    Canon 7D
    Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 VC
    Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM