This ski is loaded

bigskyguybigskyguy Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited March 9, 2011 in People
Self portrait. No fiddling with changes. Just as it is, as it was. Any suggestions are appreciated. I have no software to work with and suggestions in that regaurd are also appreciated (say under $200.00 or so). Shooting with a Sony alpha a33 with 18-55 lens.

B&W selfs 056.jpg

Comments

• laurenornotlaurenornot Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2011
    Fun concept! Only thing is I couldn't tell without the explanation what you were pointing at me. I also might crop out some of that blank white space above, so that the focus is even more drawn to you - right now, all I see is the really bright windows.

Adobe Lightroom is $300, but it's completely worth it if you want to get into heavy image editing. It also serves as a great catalog. I couldn't live without it!
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2011
    Check out Gimp, free and I hear it's very powerful.
    http://www.gimp.org/
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • senorjaxsenorjax Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2011
    Adobe Elements is another software program to consider. It's basically a stripped down version of Photoshop, and contains a large percentage of the most used photo editing tools. I'm always surprised at how low the price is, considering the rather high cost of CS5. And it's a great way to get acquainted with Photoshop. Elements 9 is the newest version and it's $79.99 right now on Adobe's website (regular price $99.99 with a $20 mail in rebate).
    Jay
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2011
    I personally vote for lightroom as well. It is expensive, but as said before it can organize all of your photos and do a huge amount of editing.
  • ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2011
    LR3. It is the best all around photo program out there.
  • bigskyguybigskyguy Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited March 9, 2011
    thanks!