Tyler and Chelsey

CorinthiancharmCorinthiancharm Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited March 9, 2011 in People
Boy am I happy it is gettign closer to Spring time! Love this time of year for photoshoots!!! I couldn't wait much longer, so I did a photoshoot with my younger cousin and her boyfriend last weekend (they get free pics, I get free advertisement!)... here are a few of my faves from the session: (C&C Welcome)

1. 1204883448_6NhyJ-L.jpg

1206679244_b8YwC-L.jpg

1204910896_vreNB-L.jpg

1204879733_er5vy-L.jpg

Comments

• CorinthiancharmCorinthiancharm Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited March 6, 2011
    bump... Really looking for a little bit of C&C...
  • ccsccs Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2011
    nice shots! I think you've got a good mix of color in all of them. Im not a big fan of the post-crop aberration in #4, but otherwise, I like what you've done.
  • CASowersCASowers Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2011
    Small nits...can you work in a tighter crop on the top of 1 and move them just a tad more off center? And you unfortunately chopped off his foot in 3.
    4 really works for me as is. Nice!

All are nice shots. Great lighting, especially #2. Can you expand on how you set that one up?
    Chris Sowers
  • CorinthiancharmCorinthiancharm Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited March 7, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback!

CASowers: To be quite honest, my best explanation is "pure luck".... I had my camera set in Apertre mode (I am now beginning to learn the wonders of Manual!) We were in an alley, and the light was coming in from behind them. I used the on camera flash, and this was the result. Just got lucky :)
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    I think #1 would work better as a three quarter shot and that would also tighten the crop a bit though that would crop out most of the grill on the old auto.
    I would also have tried a little more fill flash as the shadows on their faces are a bit harsh due to the bright sunlight. (sunny sixteen rule)
    #2 is the best of the bunch in my opinion but the skin tones are just a bit odd to me, perhaps the processing or the compression after uploading?
    Composition is good as well.
    #3 is not working for me, I don't like the crop or the vignette though I do like the concept of this angle.
    #4 ...quite honestly I'm not feeling it.....the composition that is....
    Not quite sure of what exactly it is that bothers me but when I figure it and try to explain ....
    Hope this is helpful though I think most of my nits are my own personal tastes...
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2011
    #2 rocks. Good use of fill flash (lucky or not.)

I don't care for the tilt in #1. It may be due to the topography, but to me it looks artificial and strained. #3 is too wide. Seems more about the background than the models. Vignette is too heavy-handed. Use of the WA focal length induces too much distortion for my taste. #4 is all about the car. And the vignette is corny. (But others like this one, so you see why we have both chocolate and vanilla ice cream)

Back to #2. I'd have suggested just a little larger f-stop to soften the BG a bit, but that's a little nit. I'd also spend some minutes in PS to prettify her teeth a little. Some uneven color and funny reflections. She's so pretty. Oh, and invest in some sort of flash modifier to give you a larger light source which would soften the shadows and give you larger catchlights. I'm guessing you shot this with your 18-105 and the pop-up flash. If so, you should be real happy with your results, but even something as simple as the Gary Fong Puffer at this close range would soften your light a little bit. That lens may have been wide open at 5.6 too.ne_nau.gif
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.