iPad App Issue

darrilldarrill Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited March 6, 2011 in SmugMug Support
I have a Gallery that loads fine in SmugMug on a PC but does not load on an iPad. All pictures are uploaded from Lightroom 3.3 and are either RAW or jpeg initially.

I have deleted the Gallery from SmugMug and recreated it but still the issues persist on the iPad.

When I try the SAVE option within the iPad app it gets stuck at 200 out of 225 pictures. No pictures show on the iPad just the dotted line frames with a clock face inside.

The first time I tried this 1 picture only would load.

The app crashes if you run the slideshow function but only after trying to show 2-4 pictures. The count of pictures moves but no pictures show - just blank screen.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why I am experiencing this issue? Too many pictures? Corruption within one picture?

Thanks for any help.

Darrill

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2011
    Hello, we need to know the gallery link in order to be able to troubleshoot this, thank you.
  • darrilldarrill Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 6, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Hello, we need to know the gallery link in order to be able to troubleshoot this, thank you.

Hi,

It is darrill.smugmug.com Family>Moments

I am in the process of slowly deleting pictures to see if I can find one specific image that is causing the problem.

Darrill
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2011
    Hi Darrill,

The gallery in question is password protected and for it to work properly in the iPad app, please ensure that you turn on 'external links' in the gallery settings > security&privacy section. That's required for password protected galleries or galleries on password protected sites to work in the iPad app.

Thanks!

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited March 6, 2011
    Hi Sebastian,

I'll give it a try. Though I have at least 20 other password protected galleries but perhaps I set this one up differently. It was my first.

Thanks, Darrill
    edited March 6, 2011
    That seems to be the issue. I checked a few of my other galleries and they had the "external links" flag set to on. I must have felt inspired when I set-up this first gallery:-))

Thanks again for the help.

Best regards, Darrill