USing Dx lens on a 1DS MKIII

EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
edited March 6, 2011 in Cameras
Hi All:
Is there a setting on Canon 1DS MKIII where i can switch form a FF lens to a dx lens..
Thanks
Eddy
E.J.W

Great understanding is broad and unhurried, Little understanding is cramped and busy" ..... Chuang Tsu

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Rockledge, FL on the Space CoastPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2011
    Do you mean from a Canon EF (full frame) lens to a Canon EF-S (crop) lens?

While a crop Canon body will mount all Canon lenses, EF & EF-s, the full frame and very oldest crops, D30 D60 10D, will not mount the EF-S lenses without some unofficial reworking of the mount.

There is no "setting" to permit this. While you could mount some third party crop lens you would get an image that did not fill the whole sensor area. And there is always the chance that the larger FF mirror will hit the back of the lens.
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2011
    By "DX" I assume you mean EF-S.

No. Never. Not at all. Unless you want to rip apart your EF-S, and there is a way to do that.

But no, there's no mode like on N...n cameras.rolleyes1.gif

You CAN mount 3rd party crop lenses, but they will show vignetting. Easy correction in post though. Like Jim said the mirror may hit the lens but my 1.3x mirror has not done that.

Edit: You can tear an EF-S apart and do it.