Options

Sales History - Would like more details

VTBunnyVTBunny Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited April 26, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I love that Smug Mug can collect Sales Tax, however, the sales history only shows the "Profit" and "Sales Tax Collected". I can get the detail by running a report and summing things in Excel but it would preferable if there was a high level "Sales" and "Expenses" so that when i file my taxes I can claim things accurately. Right now the Sales Tax is not matching up to my 'profit' (since the sales tax is on the total amount collected). This would save lots of time and headaches. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    rixtudiorixtudio Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited April 26, 2011
    I agree that more detailed sales reporting would be helpful. Especially it would be nice if the sales tax collected and the sales matched, which never seems to happen (and yes I know that the sales tax is on the sale price before smugmug's deduction for print cost and percentage). I have no idea how to report Smugmug sales and tax on my Texas Sales Tax report.

What would be great would be that when payment is made to my account, included would be an email stating the gross sale, the deductions for print cost and percentage, and the sales tax calculation.
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    You can see a detailed report of everything broken down by part in the CSV that you can download in your Sales History. You can filter to date ranges and get all the information you need from the .csv. Try downloading that and filtering it to the current payment. You can get help understanding the different columns in the csv here: http://wiki.smugmug.net/display/SmugMug/pro+sales+download+csv+format.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto