Bridal Veil Falls, Sewanee, TN

stirinthesaucestirinthesauce Registered Users Posts: 293 Major grins
edited March 13, 2011 in Landscapes
Went for a hike today to this wet weather falls that originates from a seem in the side of the mountain and cascades into a cave. Been here once before and it was less than spectacular. Unfortunately in TN, the fall is dry so shooting here during peak fall color season is not an option. Hope to come back in a month or so during the wet spring weather for some early foliage. We had a hard rain this weekend so the water was flowing nicely today and the fog/mist was out offering nice, soft diffused light. Anyways, thought I would share a few.

-Jon

1208163124_EY7iu-XL.jpg

1208156770_MAphk-XL.jpg

1208166110_94tbW-XL.jpg

1208159393_AHMqV-XL.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2011
    This is indeed a beautiful place. I like the comp on the first! Is this area ever under snow? I could totally envision a light dusting bringing out the texture on the surrounding rocks.
  • stirinthesaucestirinthesauce Registered Users Posts: 293 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2011
    Thanks Schmoo. Yes, it is under snow at times and most likely was most of December and January. To be honest, I had forgotten about this place until my wife and I went hiking nearby almost 3 weeks ago. Think I will need to make a mental note to revisit next winter.

-Jon
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2011
    Wow, these are beautiful falls but someone has got to cut up those trees. lol I like your last image the best, one reason is the tree is not as distracting also the third is very nice. good job
    edited March 11, 2011
    Thank you very much, Doug.

-Jon
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2011
    Really nice job capturing this. Perfect shutter spead to make the most out of the multiple threaded falls. First and last are the best compositions IMO. You definately need to get back there when it greens out. And post results of course :D Nice job and thanks for sharing.
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
  • GrfxMediaGrfxMedia Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2011
    Very nice indeed, #4 I think is my personal favorite with that nice wide right side helping to place the falls in content.
    edited March 13, 2011
    GrfxMedia wrote: »
    Very nice indeed, #4 I think is my personal favorite with that nice wide right side helping to place the falls in content.

Thank you. #4 I believe is my personal favorite as well.
    Really nice job capturing this. Perfect shutter spead to make the most out of the multiple threaded falls. First and last are the best compositions IMO. You definately need to get back there when it greens out. And post results of course :D Nice job and thanks for sharing.

Thank you. I plan to on it :)