Another Portrait Session with Bailey

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited March 7, 2011 in People
Bailey's mom asked me if I was available to take some photos of Bailey for her 3rd birthday. I wasn't able to attend the birthday party last Sunday so we decided to meet at the park for shoot. You guys may remember the Tinkerbell set I did with Bailey. This little girl is 3 going on 30. She has so much attitude and can carry a conversation like if she was 20. I'm pretty happy with the shots I got considering that Bailey had enough after only about 20 minutes of shooting.

I shot all of these with my SB-600 mounted on a light stand while her mother held a 42" gold reflector which I bounced the flash off of. I've never used a gold reflector this way so would like to hear how they turned out. I couple of the first shots I think I had it a little too far away as it cast a somewhat strong shadow but not too bad.

Well... here are a few of my favorites. You can see the rest in my gallery by clicking on the first one.

1208233954_x6TWr-X2.jpg

1208234786_e6HxP-X2.jpg

1208247432_PRGCz-X2.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2011
    Couple more:

1208243086_B8mrz-X2.jpg

1208763652_fBG4N-XL.jpg

My Smug Site
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2011
    You musta gotten one of them rare good Nikon cameras to take such good pictures. :D

Sam
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2011
    great stuff alex..for kids that angle from above works great doesn't it?
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2011
    Thanks guys. Yeah Sam. I must be the luckiest guy on Earth to have gotten the rare Nikon body that shoots good photos.

Thanks Daniel. Yeah... that is a great angle. This girl is a cutie so it's hard to take a bad picture of her. I should mention that most of the time, I gave her no direction on posing. She's a natural.

One thing for sure is I have a new appreciation for people that photograph kids. It's not easy even with a willing subject. Their attention span is close to none and there's no getting them to do something they don't want to.

My Smug Site
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2011
    Sam wrote: »
    You musta gotten one of them rare good Nikon cameras to take such good pictures. :D

Sam
    rolleyes1.gif
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2011
    Alex, I would have never guessed a gold reflector was used but I gotta say....shooting this way does have a very appealing light.
    Two and four are just gorgeous portraits and she has so much character...

I think you did a fine job and I fully understand the difficulty in shooting children this age.

Bravo
    Yo soy Reynaldo