What think you?

reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
edited March 7, 2011 in People
Well, I am trying some new things in Lightroom and wanted opinions on the treatment here:

1208532991_SVTaF-L.jpg

I know there is an explosion of colors here that don't necessarily tie in well.....
Yo soy Reynaldo

Comments

• MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2011
    The color combos here are not working for me. She also seems a bit too bright and isolated from the background.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2011
    Looks like lots of fill light, lots of black point, lots of clarity, lots of vibrance.
    Maybe back off each of those a bit and it would be better.

I see where you are going and kind of like the look but just a bit overdone, to my eye anyway.

I do like the photo, what does the original with regular processing look like?
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2011
    Back to the drawing board.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2011
    If you could quiet her down just a bit around the edges. She appears too cut-out looking. If I squint my eyes it begins to work. I absolutely love the vibrant and slightly disorienting color. It really fits the subject. Kudos for stepping out of the comfort zone!
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2011
    Thanks guys...y'all confirmed my "experiment gone mad" analogy...

I needed to be grounded as I felt I had gone off the deep end with this one :D

The main effect is from onOne software as a preset from their collection for LR3 but I tweaked it so much I got carried away.

I do appreciate the honest feedback.
    Yo soy Reynaldo