A 3 year old and a Canon

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited March 8, 2011 in People
So my wife wanted to use my old camera to take portraits of the kids. I put the 50mm/1.8 on the good old 350D and showed her around. Later that day, I find out that my daughter turned the tables on her... And she's good! (there might be a bit of fatherly pride there)

Good technique (shot by me later that day)
1208119384_S6h8D-M.jpg

Chimping (shot by me later that day)
1208118019_L5QKw-M.jpg

Shooting the shooter
1208120058_t5YZo-M.jpg

Window Art
1208121695_3UEJz-M.jpg

The Dress
1208123334_uTNDg-M.jpg

My Wife
1208124342_rz7Lj-M.jpg

Sally
1208124880_3HERb-M.jpg

Minimal post-processing of the above - curve adj in LR and sharpening. No crops.

Comments

• laurenornotlaurenornot Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2011
    Well done! My mom just dropped off an old photo album to my apartment and I got to see what my first roll of film developed looked like, taken when I was around 3. I took a bunch of photos of people.....'s torsos. No one's head made it above the mouth. Oops.
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    Thanks Lauren
    Figure that if I keep encouraging her, I might have a shooting buddy in another year or two
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    That's awesome. She's got some nice shots! I love the ones of her shooting/chimping. Too cute!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • metmet Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    Aw, that's so cute and awesome at the same time. Did she manually set the focus points?

My nephew loves to use my camera (he's 6) and once I upgrade I might let him mess around with my old D80 a little bit more.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    She is going to be great. You can tell by the way she is supporting the weight of the camera and lens with her left hand on the bottom. A pro all the way. Not sissyified by grabbing the top of the lens. Such a wise young lady.......and very cute also.
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    Thanks everyone!
    David - you should have seen her in action: "you're too close!" "that's perfect!"
    Molly- I think I left it on center point focus and f/1.8. We'll work on choosing focus points and aperture next
    Charles - I got her to reposition from the 'sissyified' way she was holding to a more proper position. She took right to it!
    E
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    So your little one shot all the photos, except of course the ones of her?? Ummm, I am thinking this could be the makings of a star!!! Keep this up !!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700