Redo...does it work?

oldovaloldoval Registered Users Posts: 456 Major grins
edited March 8, 2011 in Landscapes
I'm still getting my processing legs so I'm trying different ideas to see what sticks. Here's a dark and gloomy redo. Does this treatment work...or too hokey?

1209661471_mdN3d-L.jpg

Comments

• Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    I'd have to see more images to really form an opinion but I do like this particular image. Sort of a sepia, monochromatic look?
  • dbddbd Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    oldoval wrote: »
    I'm still getting my processing legs so I'm trying different ideas to see what sticks. Here's a dark and gloomy redo. Does this treatment work...or too hokey?

It's a delightful image. I don't think that gloomy is hokey, but I'd like to get gloomy without trading away so much detail to just plain dark.

Dale B. Dalrymple
    http://dbdimages.com
    "Give me a lens long enough and a place to stand and I can image the earth."
    ...with apology to Archimedies
  • jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    I really like the way it turned out I like the darkness of it the sky is very pretty.
  • PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    On my monitor some of the shadow areas are pretty dark, but I notice that there is a lot of difference between monitors, and it may look perfect on most others. I like the sepia tones. Best, Pam
  • jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    I like it a lot but you could bring up (brighten) that darker area in the lower left just a tad. Even the mountain in shadow on the right side seems OK if you can't pull out some detail there.
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • oldovaloldoval Registered Users Posts: 456 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    When I got to work and checked this page I noticed it looked pretty dark. I have a bad habit of sitting in the dark at home when I edit my images which may make things seem brighter than they actually are.

I'll work on a new version tonight.

Thanks for all the help so far folks.....keep it coming.
  • oldovaloldoval Registered Users Posts: 456 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    Here's a different crop and a little brighter. I think the crop edges may have been falling right on dark areas so the overall image seemed too dark and crowded.

1210479460_UxRxs-L.jpg