Options

Something new maybe for marketing.

GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
edited March 12, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
I did a fun event on the weekend which was good to be at.

I was going through the shots and when I was finished I decided to do something with the pics which I think showed the atmosphere of the day and the fun the kids had. I decided to put them in a slide show that I thought the guy that runs the club and the parents and kids Might enjoy and put it up on youtube.

I'll see what sort of feedback I get but I thought it might be a good way of promoting what we do and maybe even getting some traffic for online sales if I ever decide to go down that road again.

It didn't take long to do and I enjoy doing these things and they are becoming bit of a trademark with family and friends but the hardest part for me is without doubt finding the right son'g to go with the pics.

Anyway, this is what I came up with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOEEapMBHQ8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Comments

• Options
    SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    Glort wrote: »
    I did a fun event on the weekend which was good to be at.

I was going through the shots and when I was finished I decided to do something with the pics which I think showed the atmosphere of the day and the fun the kids had. I decided to put them in a slide show that I thought the guy that runs the club and the parents and kids Might enjoy and put it up on youtube.

I'll see what sort of feedback I get but I thought it might be a good way of promoting what we do and maybe even getting some traffic for online sales if I ever decide to go down that road again.

It didn't take long to do and I enjoy doing these things and they are becoming bit of a trademark with family and friends but the hardest part for me is without doubt finding the right son'g to go with the pics.

Anyway, this is what I came up with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOEEapMBHQ8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Just had a look. What a great idea. It'll be interesting to see what response you get.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2011
    I emailed the Association marketing person this morning and she got back to me within minutes and had the link on the association website by the time I looked. She also favourited the vid and linked to it on their web youtube page.

I have been looking at facespace marketing of late and I think this may work well too. I guess if people see a new Sshow on the site every time they wlook I'll get my name around even more although I think pretty much everyone within the area I want already is aware of what I do but no harm in reinforcing the idea.

The views have jumped up today so at least someone is watching it. :D
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2011
    I

The views have jumped up today so at least someone is watching it. :D

thumb.gifthumb
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    blizzblizz Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited March 9, 2011
    What a neat idea. I think u picked a great song to go with the video also. I will be anxious to see the response. Good Job !
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2011
    Man GLORT, You scored with some of those photos, eh? Those Mom's ought to be up your rear getting orders! Cute stuff!clap.gif

Question, How'd you get away with using that Music?headscratch.gif
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2011
    angevin1 wrote: »
    Man GLORT, You scored with some of those photos, eh? Those Mom's ought to be up your rear getting orders! Cute stuff!clap.gif

Thanks for the kind words.
    A lot of the shots I used my wife took.
    She always heads straight for the youngest kids events and as you can see, does them well.

Funny enough, looking through the orders, we hardly sold any of the pics on the vid especially the ones I would call the best and cutest.
    The great majority of the pics we did sell were of the older kids and IMHO, weren't nearly as spectacular or had the wow factor a lot of others did.
    Question, How'd you get away with using that Music?headscratch.gif

Ummm, put it on the Vid and uploaded it?
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2011

Ummm, put it on the Vid and uploaded it?

Don't be surprised if YOUTube takes it down - they're quite fanatical about music copyrights - which is probably a good thing. There are websites that offer free, or inexpensive, music tracks for videos with copyright permission.ne_nau.gif
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    ropeboyropeboy Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2011
    "Funny enough, looking through the orders, we hardly sold any of the pics on the vid"
    Ya know, if you pause the slide show on one of the images, and use the "Snippet" tool that comes with Windows 7 Home Premium, you can save that image to your computer. Every keyboard has a prt sc, print screen key, for screen captures. The whole video can be downloaded too. Then you can make prints it at home or send it to grandma. The slide show is still a good visibility tool for you, but perhaps you could use it as a teaser and limit the number of pictures you display.
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2011
    ^^^^^^ Something I hadn't thought of but not sure how much I can be concerned about either.

The images were all available for purchase at the event and that's where we didn't sell any. At that stage, I hadn't even though of the slide show as I hadn't had a chance to go through the pics myself so really what was sold for the most part ( or not) was done already.

I am wondering about embedding the clips into my website or hosting them there instead of boobtube and then trying to put the galleries online again to see if the emotional involvement of the Slide show will motivate some online sales.

I have to look into the ability to host the clips and then linking them to the association website as having them there will be a main advertisement and also If I can get the clubs to embed them into theirs.
    Most of the club websites are hopelessly out of date so it may be a waste of time or it may help to revive them.

I could limit the amount of pics I put in but I think that would really lower the overall wow factor of the show. I think this show has too many pics but I couldn't cut down any more and show the day over all and we did get quite a few sequences which I think worked well. I didn't want to go to 2 songs as I thought that may be stretching peoples attention and I didn't have that many shots to keep the excitement up.

Going to work on some marketing stuff today. I had an event lined up but them someone in the club booked someone else and I lost out which is a bummer because for once I was actually in the mood to go shoot something.
    I'll finish a mailout and maybe a new front page for my site and launch a heap of emails and follow up calls this week and see what I can line up.

Unfortunately the only events on next weekend are more pro level ones which we never do well out of but I'll see if I can find anything during the week, maybe somethign new we haven't done before.
  • Options
    ropeboyropeboy Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2011
    Glort, I agree that a WOW factor video could help draw buyers to your galleries and get your business noticed. I sell running event photos and let out a very limited number of good images to organizer's web sites to generate excitement in my galleries. But I want to SELL photos, I do not want to be perceived as an ENTERTAINMENT site, like a U-tube page, a blog, or other free social media amusements. Some successful full time pros in my state do however use Facebook to direct traffic to their core services. But they put up two or three shots, not albums, of their work. - Mark
    www.runfresno.com
    www.Trisportphoto.com
    www.markhaymond.smugmug.com