Hi, I'm a new dgrinner...

hanguyenfotohanguyenfoto Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited March 11, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Hi there, I'm new and nice to meet you all! I've been taking photographs for many years but didn't really care about how to make my pictures look better. It really get to me lately. Here are some of my shots, please feel free to c&c, I'm here only for learn. Thx. :D

IMG_8806-1.jpg

IMG_8806.jpg

IMG_8808-1.jpg

IMG_8808.jpg

IMG_8826.jpg

IMG_8835.jpg

IMG_8836-1.jpg

IMG_8842.jpg

IMG_8853.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited March 9, 2011
    Hi there and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. It looks like you understand depth of field well and your exposures and color are good. I think you need to look for some more compelling subjects. Keep posting. thumb.gif
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2011
    Hi there and welcome. Ditto what Richard said but just one nit pick. In your #2 version of sign etc. I can't get all warm and fuzzy about the processing. I like #1 much better.

And, because i'm a fence nut, I really like both 3 and 4 - although my preference is for #3.

Enjoy the group - generally a pretty chatty and helpful bunch.:D
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • hanguyenfotohanguyenfoto Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited March 9, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Hi there and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. It looks like you understand depth of field well and your exposures and color are good. I think you need to look for some more compelling subjects. Keep posting. thumb.gif

Thanks, Richard. Sure I will keep looking for new interesting subjects. Thank you for moving my post to the appropriate forum.
    Snowgirl wrote: »
    Hi there and welcome. Ditto what Richard said but just one nit pick. In your #2 version of sign etc. I can't get all warm and fuzzy about the processing. I like #1 much better.

And, because i'm a fence nut, I really like both 3 and 4 - although my preference is for #3.

Enjoy the group - generally a pretty chatty and helpful bunch.:D

#2 I just played around with the crop and color effect to see how it goes. Thanks, Snowgirl, I really need to learn and feel what I should and should not do in photography. And thanks to dgrin, I think my photographic skills will improve in no time. This is a great community, with a lot of friendly and talented photographers. You know, it is said that "Learn from the best"...clap.gif
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2011
    Hello and Welcome to Dgrin :D

Enjoyed your photos ... looking forward to seeing more :D
  • hanguyenfotohanguyenfoto Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited March 11, 2011
    Thanks, Dogdots...thumb.gif