Download All w/o SmugVault

MileHighAkoMileHighAko Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited March 9, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Today I was surprised to do a Download All of a gallery to find that the downloaded files were my SmugValut DNG's instead of the gallery's JPGs. Is this how it's intended to work? Is there a way to download all of my images from the gallery and NOT the SmugValut files?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2011
    We don't have a selective download for the gallery, just "all" I'm so sorry!
  • MileHighAkoMileHighAko Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2011
    No problem. Thanks for the quick response. It was a good lesson. I like SmugVault, but will admit I need to re-think my strategy knowing if I do a download all I need to then convert the DNG's to my needed format (JPG in this instance).
  • SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2011
    Maybe as the tool evolves to one that the visitor can use, you may be able to use it again for jpgs.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2011
    I do not have a SmugVault but I wonder if using a Smart or Collected Gallery and then doing a Download All on that gallery would get around the issue?
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • MileHighAkoMileHighAko Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2011
    I do not have a SmugVault but I wonder if using a Smart or Collected Gallery and then doing a Download All on that gallery would get around the issue?

I did try a collected gallery, and it still pulls from the SmugValut. It's not a bad thing, just something to be aware of.

My work around was to export the JPGs from LR3 and put into an unlisted gallery then create the download all link to give to my customer to pull down the zip file. I don't normally provide such a link to a customer, so it's not a normal request, but something I needed to provide and want to use Smug's hosting facilities to make it happen.