SOLD: Canon 5D

dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
edited May 28, 2011 in House of Canon
133071826.jpg

133071822.jpg

Awesome camera in great condition! I'm guessing around 10K shutter clicks. I'm the original owner. Camera has been a back-up body only for the last two years. Selling it because I've replaced it with a different camera.

REDUCED PRICE: $950 cash if you're in the Portland, OR metro area. Outside Portland, $1000 for camera, credit card fees, shipping & insurance.

More photos and info on my blog.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
website blog instagram facebook g+

Comments

• dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    Reduced Price! $1000 for everything, including shipping and credit card fees!

• photodad1photodad1 Registered Users Posts: 566 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    Is this a 5D Mark II?
  • FreezframeFreezframe Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    You ain't getting a Mk2 for a thousand!
    The pictures of the rear layout of the buttons and it only has a 2.5" LCD makes it a classic.( MK1)

Wouldn't that be nice though? Pinch yourself!

Bradyeek7.gif

There would be a logo about 2" below the 5D on the front that would be MK11 as well.
    Dad/Photograher:ivar
    edited March 17, 2011
    photodad1 wrote: »
    Is this a 5D Mark II?

The headline says 5D, the photos are of a 5D, the specs are for the 5D, the description is of a 5D, and the blog link is also about a 5D.

What in the world would make you think this was a 5D Mark II? headscratch.gif

• ShebaJoShebaJo Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2011
    Wish I had the photo-cash now... I really want/need a 5d for landscapes.
    edited March 22, 2011
    No luck selling here or CL so the 5D is now on consignment with Pro Photo Supply in Portland. There's a two week waiting period (required by state law) and after that it will be listed for $1250.

Hey -- I tried to save you $300! mwink.gif

• jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2011
    dogwood wrote: »
    No luck selling here or CL so the 5D is now on consignment with Pro Photo Supply in Portland. There's a two week waiting period (required by state law) and after that it will be listed for $1250.

Hey -- I tried to save you $300! mwink.gif
    Good Evening Pete,
    I'm not trying to be a smart a$$, but if it didn't sell for $950 here or on CL, what makes you think it will sell for $1250 at a consignment shop ? Just curious. GLWTS.
    Have a good evening :D
    Jim...
  • photodad1photodad1 Registered Users Posts: 566 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2011
    The headline says 5D, the photos are of a 5D, the specs are for the 5D, the description is of a 5D, and the blog link is also about a 5D.

What in the world would make you think this was a 5D Mark II? headscratch.gif

My bad, I missed your link.
    edited March 23, 2011
    jgoetz4 wrote: »
    Good Evening Pete,
    I'm not trying to be a smart a$$, but if it didn't sell for $950 here or on CL, what makes you think it will sell for $1250 at a consignment shop ? Just curious. GLWTS.
    Jim...

Because the same store just sold a used 5D for $1300 last month!

To be honest, I think people are more inclined to spend money at an established store than they are to buy a used camera on-line or CL. People are generally willing to pay more if they trust a merchant than they are to buy from an unknown stranger on-line.

edited March 23, 2011
    Because the same store just sold a used 5D for $1300 last month!

To be honest, I think people are more inclined to spend money at an established store than they are to buy a used camera on-line or CL. People are generally willing to pay more if they trust a merchant than they are to buy from an unknown stranger on-line.

If that's the case, then I would have consigned there first, rather then waste time here or CL. I bought my 5D last year from FM for $1200, with 2 batteries & the grip.
    Jim...
    edited March 23, 2011
    If that's the case, then I would have consigned there first, rather then waste time here or CL. I bought my 5D last year from FM for $1200, with 2 batteries & the grip.
    Jim...

When you sell your 5D, you are more than welcome to sell it however you like.

And I promise not to tell you how I would have tried to sell it. Sound like a deal?

edited March 24, 2011
    When you sell your 5D, you are more than welcome to sell it however you like.

And I promise not to tell you how I would have tried to sell it. Sound like a deal?
    Good Morning,,
    My 5D will be around along time, simply because it's that good of a camera. As for the advice about selling your camera, that's free.
    Have a good day :D
    Jim...
    edited March 24, 2011
    Good Morning,,
    My 5D will be around along time, simply because it's that good of a camera. As for the advice about selling your camera, that's free.
    Have a good day :D
    Jim...

Believe it or not, Jim, selling my 5D has nothing to do with you or your camera. Nothing at all. Not a single thing. Zero, zip, nada.

This thread is not about you or your 5D. I didn't ask for your advice on selling my camera. Please stop providing it. It's not welcome or appreciated.

• TheCheeseheadTheCheesehead Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2011
    Seriously guys? C'mon.
  • TinksTinks Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2011
    Seriously guys? C'mon.
    Yes. This is a photography forum, so if you aren't going to take pictures of that p!$$!^@ match, just zip it back up and go yer separate ways.rolleyes1.gif

rolleyes1.gif
    Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Men at Arms)
    edited March 24, 2011
    Tinks wrote: »
    Yes. This is a photography forum, so if you aren't going to take pictures of that p!$$!^@ match, just zip it back up and go yer separate ways.rolleyes1.gif

rolleyes1.gif
    C'mon now,
    I'm only having a little fun rolleyes1.gifHe's an established member of dgrin, yet can't sell his camera for a very reasonably priced $950, but yet, want's to go the consignment route. If he knew he could sell it there because one sold last month for $1300, then I would have gone that route right from the start. Folks, lets face it, people are still being laid off, and they may not have the money for a camera at that price, however, if I needed one, I would have bought his in a heartbeat. It's a very good camera and a very good deal thumb.gif GLWTS...
    Jim...
    edited March 26, 2011
    Good Evening Folks,
    Here's a chance to own a classic camera at an exceptional price. The 5D is the ultimate portrait and landscape camera, and has been for years. I've had mine for 2 yrs, and the images it produces is second to none. You don't need 22 MP to look good mwink.gif The 5D will give you the image quality you've been looking for. Grab it before it's gone...
    Jim...
  • relsah85relsah85 Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited April 4, 2011
    sorry if i might have missed it but did it alvaready have the mirror fix?

my fb page
    edited April 6, 2011
    relsah85 wrote: »
    sorry if i might have missed it but did it alvaready have the mirror fix?

Yes, already had Canon factory service in Irvine do the mirror fix. The 5D is now listed on the Pro Photo site under the used category. Just didn't have any interest here so I'm letting them deal with the sale :D

edited May 28, 2011
    Good Evening Pete,
    I'm not trying to be a smart a$$, but if it didn't sell for $950 here or on CL, what makes you think it will sell for $1250 at a consignment shop ? Just curious.
    Jim...

* SOLD * (for $1250 at that) :D