Boo! / The tiny derelict structure

AdamKAdamK Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
edited March 15, 2011 in Landscapes
I have had some problems over the past few weeks that needed my attention more than photography, sorry for not telling you guys :cry Anyway I have been out today in what to be said really bad weather, but then again the most interesting photos are the ones with interesting features! I hope to talk to people again, missed you guys so much, but I am glad to be back! :D

5515192059_4e5cf5f781_b.jpg

Comments

• Chris02Chris02 Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2011
    Hi there, not an expert by any means but I think there is a bit too much happening in the foreground. Love the colours and how sharp the image is mind.
    LR 4.1 Nik Silver efex 2
    D90 + D50 Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM
    Nikon 55-300 mm f4.5-5.6G ED DX AF-S VR
    Landscapes, Sport and Buildings are my bag.
    Chris White Cheltenham England
  • AdamKAdamK Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2011
    Chris02 wrote: »
    Hi there, not an expert by any means but I think there is a bit too much happening in the foreground. Love the colours and how sharp the image is mind.
    I guess, but I wanted to show the scene around this house get a sense of what nature has done to the building, with the grass growing around it, but your probably right I have too much going on! Thankyou though :D
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2011
    I love the drama in all of your photos, that's for sure! I like the detail in the foreground but on my screen there's so much of it there and almost nothing in the actual building itself. I'd love to see exactly how derelict it was :D
    edited March 11, 2011
    schmoo wrote: »
    I love the drama in all of your photos, that's for sure! I like the detail in the foreground but on my screen there's so much of it there and almost nothing in the actual building itself. I'd love to see exactly how derelict it was :D
    Thankyou Schmoo! Hmm guess I was paying too much attention to the foreground than the subject ne_nau.gif Well the building wasn't much of a sight, it was full of water and all that was holding it together was a rotting wooden beam that you can see at the top of the building but I loved the setting so much that this decided to be my subject, I'll have to go back sometime and do a photographing documentary series of all the buildings at the mine :D
  • OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2011
    AdamK wrote: »
    I guess, but I wanted to show the scene around this house get a sense of what nature has done to the building, with the grass growing around it, but your probably right I have too much going on! Thankyou though :D

I wasn't even aware that there was a house. I thought it was a rock or something but I barely looked at it.

Lol
    edited March 11, 2011
    I wasn't even aware that there was a house. I thought it was a rock or something but I barely looked at it.

Lol
    Granted it is a strange building it is about 1 metre sq which is very very small house and the angle I have captured it at has accentuated that even more because it looks like the grass is bigger than the building
  • dlsdls Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2011
    it is a very striking and dramatic shot, love the angle. but my initial impression was that the subject matter was the grass, with the structure in the background mainly as, well, background. the lighting on the building is just too dark for it to draw any attention, IMHO.
  • Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2011
    I like the composition and processing, it is a moving photo.