First Run with Water Drops

RygeeRygee Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited March 13, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
This is my first attempt at water drops which seemed to be pretty easy in concept. But water is very elusive.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Black background with a black paint tray liner. Little to no light supplied from far right corner of the room.<o:p></o:p>
I bounced the flash off of color foam sheets (red, blue, green, yellow, black)<o:p></o:p>
Adjusted in camera raw only (blacks, brights, contrast, vibrance, and a little saturation.<o:p></o:p>
What I kept finding are that the little back ground drops reflect flash as well as the splash drops which are tuff to avoid the little areas of blow out.<o:p></o:p>
Looking for feedback, comments, and pointers.<o:p></o:p>
Thank you. <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1&quot;></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="WIDTH: 320.25pt; HEIGHT: 168pt; VISIBILITY: visible; mso-wrap-style: square" id=Picture_x0020_1 type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1025"><v:imagedata o:title="IMG_5438" src="file:///d:\TRASH\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>

Comments

• RygeeRygee Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited March 11, 2011
    Not sure why I'm not able to show more that one photo, here's attachment.
    edited March 11, 2011
    Rygee wrote: »
    Not sure why I'm not able to show more that one photo, here's attachment.
    other
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited March 11, 2011
    Hi Rygee and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. Nice work. Takes a lot of patience to get these right.

You can only add one attachment at a time when posting but if you link to images hosted elsewhere, there's no limit in a single post. How To Post on Dgrin
  • nitewagnitewag Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2011
    very nice shots
    edited March 11, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Hi Rygee and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. Nice work. Takes a lot of patience to get these right.

You can only add one attachment at a time when posting but if you link to images hosted elsewhere, there's no limit in a single post. How To Post on Dgrin

Thanks for the info.
  • Rob PauzaRob Pauza Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2011
    Nice. I've done some water drops lately. They are extremely addictive.

-Rob
    -Rob Pauza
    Rob Pauza Photography