Mountain Moonset

kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
edited March 13, 2011 in Landscapes
I was going through my archives to make space on my hard-drive and came across a moon-set series I'd never processed before for some reason. Thought it was pretty cool, so here it is.

1212875141_wqqKN-XL.jpg

Comments

• shawncshawnc Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2011
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2011
    that's pretty sweet. the color palette is excellent.
  • J AllenJ Allen Registered Users Posts: 359 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2011
    Like it! Thanks for sharing.
    -Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site
  • jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2011
    Nice shot. I like the fuzziness a lot since uber-sharp seems to be the case too often these days.
    BTW - Here is a little help on your drivespace issue. God forbid you spend $100 for a new 1 TB Drive mwink.gif
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • dlsdls Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2011
    you are very right. it is very cool. been trying to go through a bunch of my old shots myself, and coming across these gems are a real treat.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited March 11, 2011
    Thanks, everybody! I appreciate all the comments and encourage everybody to go through their archives. You never know what you may find. mwink.gif That image was from 2007, btw. eek7.gif

David, 1TB drives are so 20 minutes ago. My plan is to buy two 2TB eSATA drives and an eSATA controller for my PC. The two drives will be mirror images of each other kept in synch using Microsoft SyncToy. (No need, nor desire to run RAID).

Cheers,
    -joel
  • sgonensgonen Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2011
    Very nice ... that's my goal - to get a shot like this, I'll keep trying every month until I get it.
  • Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2011
    Great find Joel!

If you want, crop a bit off the bottom taking the horizon out of the center! Plus you'll have fewer pixels to store on your drives :)
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2011
    Sweet capture, Joel. What lens did you use?
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
    edited March 13, 2011
  • canghuixucanghuixu Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2011
    Great!
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited March 13, 2011
    Wow, thanks everyone! I was happy to stumble across this shot, but you comments have made me even happier.

Shimon, a moon set during twilight probably only happens a couple of times a year. So get out those sun/moon charts. deal.gif This one wasn't planned. It was more of a case of looking up and realizing the moon was about to set. But I have planned similar shots.

Dan, my EXIF shows 400mm, so I believe that's my 100-400.

Marc, appreciate the tip! You're right, the composition is great improved by cropping off a bit from the bottom.

Thanks again to all that took the time to comment. I really appreciate it. bowdown.gif

-joel