FS Sigma 50mm 2.8 EX macro, Canon 70-300 4-5.6 IS, Canon EFS 18-55 3.5-5.6 IS

JohnRogJohnRog Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
edited March 22, 2011 in House of Canon
Up for sale... trying to raise funds for a 70-200 2.8 :-)

Sigma 50mm 2.8 ex macro $150.00:
Purchased from fellow Dgrinner The Heavy Hammer around 6 months ago... in very good condition VERY sharp lens (as most macros are) and real 1:1 magnification... not HSM so not incredibly quick (or quiet) to focus (I'd say it's similar speed wise to the canon 50 1.8 II, if not slightly faster)... I like this lens a lot, but I bought it as a companion to my canon 50 1.8 so that my wife and I would be able to use fast 50's at the same time, but I have since picked up a Tamron 17-50mm 2.8, and it has basically taken up residence on my 7d... and I really want a 70-200... comes with front and rear caps, and 2 hood options (one hard plastic petal type, and one collapsible rubber)

Canon 18-55 3.5-5.6 IS $75.00: lens is in great shape, I can't find any marks on the glass or body... focuses quickly/quietly, and IS works perfectly... selling because the tamron 17-55 2.8 also covers this range...

Canon 70-300mm 4-5.6 IS $375.00:
Comes with both caps, box, instructions, blank warranty card, and Canon hood. Glass is perfect, hood has some scuffs, and lens body may have a small nick or two... second owner... for about the last year... lens focuses quickly, IS works perfectly... like I said before... just trying to raise funds for a 70-200 2.8. Otherwise I would hold on to it...

All prices are net to me... I'll take paypal (not gift), or I can take a credit card through my square account (slightly less than paypal fees). Shipping to US via USPS...

Thanks for looking...

John

pics coming soon...

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Comments

• JohnRogJohnRog Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2011
    Bump for price correction on 18-55

• SSSSSS Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    John,

Can you clarify "all prices net to me" please.

Steve
    edited March 16, 2011
    Sorry... just meant that the buyer pays the actual shipping and paypal or square fees.. thanks!

• The Heavy HammerThe Heavy Hammer Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    Sigma 50mm Macro 2.8.
    I sold john the macro lens and I can attest to the sharpness of the Sigma Macro it is every bit as sharp as my canon 100 mm 2.8 macro l is and at a fraction of the cost this lens has recieved x-cellent reviews on Fred Miranda.
    edited March 17, 2011
    I sold john the macro lens and I can attest to the sharpness of the Sigma Macro it is every bit as sharp as my canon 100 mm 2.8 macro l is and at a fraction of the cost this lens has recieved x-cellent reviews on Fred Miranda.

Thanks Bob! thumb.gif
  • travischancetravischance Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2011
    JohnRog wrote: »
    Thanks Bob! thumb.gif

Is the Siggy macro still available?
    Travis M. Chance
    twin Mark IV's & a bunch of "L" glass
    sitefacebook
    edited March 19, 2011
    Travis, I think so... I haven't sold it, but am having second thoughts... value wise it's really hard to beat for a macro... the only way I know of to get anywhere close to the 1:1 macro for less money, is to take an old canon 35-80 kit lens and remove the front element... I saw it in a forum somewhere a year or so ago and tried it with mine from my old rebel film camera... the results were actually pretty good, aside from the fact that the only way to focus was to move closer or further away...

edited March 19, 2011
    JohnRog wrote: »
    Travis, I think so... I haven't sold it, but am having second thoughts... value wise it's really hard to beat for a macro... the only way I know of to get anywhere close to the 1:1 macro for less money, is to take an old canon 35-80 kit lens and remove the front element... I saw it in a forum somewhere a year or so ago and tried it with mine from my old rebel film camera... the results were actually pretty good, aside from the fact that the only way to focus was to move closer or further away...

OK so is it for sale or are you keeping it?
    Travis M. Chance
    sitefacebook
    edited March 20, 2011
    Ok...so car trouble made my mind up for me... the 50mm 2.8. IS still for sale...

edited March 20, 2011
    Just sent you a PM
    Travis M. Chance
    sitefacebook
    edited March 20, 2011
    Just replied :-) *sale pending*

edited March 22, 2011
    SIGMA 50mm 2.8. Macro SOLD... thanks Travis... just dropped it off at the post office