Comments

• Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2011
    #1 would be great if the kite were a bit more visible. Can you move it up and make it bigger? It's a cool shot otherwise!

#3 would be nice if the wires were gone.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2011
    15524779-Ti.gif
    I really like the idea of #2 - maybe if your kid were underneath the keyboard peeking up at the camera, you can get a fun shot of him - it's a great perspective! You might watch the glare & unclutter (no music & the second keyboard?). I'd also turn the keyboard off to remove the bright blue light in the middle.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2011
    I think the kite is a nifty idea, but I agree that it'd be good to have more attention focused on the kite.....even digitally "coloring" the kite with editing software would help.
  • Options
    Molotov EverythingMolotov Everything Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2011
    #1 I think the kite definitely needs more attention, Either by bringing it in closer to fill up more of the frame, moving it further from the person so it occupies it's own realm of the frame or some combination of those. Also it looks like there's a second kite in the top right corner that either needs to be more integrated in the shot or removed from it. It's kind of photobombing the first kite.

2# I think he should actually be playing the keyboard in the shot. And the extra sheet music on the left and right can go, I think they're just cluttering the shot a bit. Same with that red sticky note on the page. Otherwise I like the idea.

3# I don't really get a feeling of being under the rainbow, more... looking straight at a rainbow. The power lines are a big distraction too. Personally I would just scrap this one and work on the first 2 ideas, they show some good potential.
  • Options
    kwickerskwickers Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2011
    updated kite and piano images
    Thanks, Stay Tuned I like this feedback and will be back. Perhaps with a larger kite or shorter string and other advice on piano.

Oooops The Kite photo was not the "export" version from lightroom Here Is the Edited Version (darker Kite Tighter Crop):

Here is an alternate Edited Piano shot from the same Practice (he really was playing)

I still want to reshoot if I can.
    Photos.KeithWickersham.com
  • Options
    bbjonesbbjones Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2011
    The tighter crop on the kite is much better. A huge kite might be better still, but this is pretty good! I like how you can see his face and SpongeBob's face. :)
    The goal of my photography is is the effective, original communication of a feeling expressing truth, beauty, or love.

www.photographyjones.com
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2011
    15524779-Ti.gif Nice crop :)
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    rbustraenrbustraen Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2011
    Great ideas and like the kite one the best...
    - Randy

Photo Of The Day & My SmugMug Gallery
    Canon 7D and not enough L glass....