premiere pro zooming in on program monitor

dogwooddogwood pixel hackPortland, ORRegistered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
edited November 6, 2014 in Video
Any Premiere Pro users know how I can prevent the program monitor from zooming in on video? The left panel is the original size source, the right panel is the program monitor -- which is zooming in! Any help is appreciated.


133102271.jpg

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
website blog instagram facebook g+

Comments

  • angevin1angevin1 Performs as designed G E O R G I ARegistered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2011
    Pete, doesn't PP have a reset window to default setting? Listed under window I think~
    tom wise
  • angevin1angevin1 Performs as designed G E O R G I ARegistered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2011
    I looked again Pete. See the fit button underneath the Zoomed image? It's a drop down. Your's prob says like 80% or 100% my guess. Drop it down and choose 'fit'. That oughtta do it!
    tom wise
  • dogwooddogwood pixel hack Portland, ORRegistered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2011
    angevin1 wrote: »
    I looked again Pete. See the fit button underneath the Zoomed image? It's a drop down. Your's prob says like 80% or 100% my guess. Drop it down and choose 'fit'. That oughtta do it!

    See -- that's the weird thing about this. Even the 'fit' setting doesn't change the zoomed in video. It's doing this on both a Mac and PC too so I can't figure it out! The clip on the left is the source video, but the final output (on the right) is zoomed in ne_nau.gif


    133136333.jpg

    Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

  • DavidTODavidTO Mod Emeritus Thousand Oaks, CARegistered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2011
    dogwood wrote: »
    See -- that's the weird thing about this. Even the 'fit' setting doesn't change the zoomed in video. It's doing this on both a Mac and PC too so I can't figure it out! The clip on the left is the source video, but the final output (on the right) is zoomed in ne_nau.gif

    Looks like the source is 16:9 and the sequence you're cutting is 4:3.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • dogwooddogwood pixel hack Portland, ORRegistered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2011
    DavidTO wrote: »
    Looks like the source is 16:9 and the sequence you're cutting is 4:3.

    That was exactly it, David! Yay! Thank you. Such an simple fix but I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure it out via google searches, books, adobe help, etc. Thank you!

    Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

  • Aggie awakening 2014Aggie awakening 2014 Beginner grinner Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 6, 2014
    dogwood wrote: »
    Any Premiere Pro users know how I can prevent the program monitor from zooming in on video? The left panel is the original size source, the right panel is the program monitor -- which is zooming in! Any help is appreciated.


    133102271.jpg
    Hey! So I had the exact same problem, I had already put my entire project together and just assumed that the window would fix itself after exporting (it doesn't). I tried all of the other suggestions (changing aspect ratios, which I couldn't figure out anyways). HOWEVER, I did figure out something that works! If you go to the sequence window (the one with all the video and audio etc clips put in sequence in the form of bars), click on the scene that is zoomed in (may be all of the scenes, but it wasn't for me), go to the EFFECT CONTROLS tab>video effects>motion>scale. I ended up having to change some of my scenes to a scale of 67%, but it worked! This is for CS6 btw, not sure if it's the same for earlier premieres but I wouldn't be surprised if it is. Hope this helps!
Sign In or Register to comment.