Tin Roof, Rusted

Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
edited March 14, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Went a-wandering and once again found myself on top of a snowbank shooting something abandoned. This time a barn and bonus bus.

1214947462_x2C6G-XL.jpg

The light was a little flat, but what are you gonna do, right? The colors worked out well to highlight that lovely roof.

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2011
    That's a scene worth working. Did you get any more shots of it? This one has a bit of the "I'm standing by the side of the rode and want to show you want I saw" feel to it. One one of the workshops I was on with Marc Muench he said first thing to do is get the "I'm here" shot out of the way. Then you can move on to the study of the area, to finding your unique vision of it. I'd like to see some of that!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2011
    This time a barn and bonus bus... The colors worked out well to highlight that lovely roof.
    I'm not sure the bus is a bonus. It just seems out of place and detracts from the barn IMHO. Is there another angle in suitable light that keeps the barn and its roof but loses the bus?
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2011
    I was going to, but I left it to my 3 compatriots. Usually I do go and explore stuff, but this time wasn't feeling it and it was crowded.

eh, I like the bus. It's so New England.

If I'm ever up that way again, and not in a herd, I'll see what else I can do with it.
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2011
    If I'm ever up that way again ... I'll see what else I can do with it.
    I didn't realise it wasn't local to you! :D
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2011
    I like this. I like the way the 3 posts leads me to look toward the house. I'm not so sure about the bus but It does not bother me that it was there. Probably, just an idea, I would recommend some reduction on the foreground snow by cropping it. I'd say it was a nice work. Good job. thumb.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2011
    DavidTO wrote: »
    That's a scene worth working. Did you get any more shots of it? This one has a bit of the "I'm standing by the side of the rode and want to show you want I saw" feel to it. One one of the workshops I was on with Marc Muench he said first thing to do is get the "I'm here" shot out of the way. Then you can move on to the study of the area, to finding your unique vision of it. I'd like to see some of that!

Good comment, I agree...
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2011
    Oh, I'm in total agreement about wanting to explore and find an angle to a shoot besides the documentary. I've done it before and will do it again, just didn't that day. here's an old house that I think you guys will like - House of Sorrow - it got the treatment.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2011
    Cool .. love the red roof on this one. The bus was an added bonus thumb.gif

Looks like even tho very weathered it's standing pretty good still. You'd think being how it's built into the ground it would of been more tilted by now.