Options

Access to Seniors

indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
edited March 15, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
How do you manage getting access to seniors in your town? I'm finding it difficult to get my information distributed at high schools.

Comments

• Options
    Mark DickinsonMark Dickinson Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2011
    It's a pain, go to your school board, petition to bid for senior photos or send a letterhead request in. Most photographers already in the door have a yearly contract and its up for bid at the end of that year. Make sure you are licensed, insured, bonded etc whatever your school requires before you approach them. It's also probably 100% required to have a storefront or business office location.
  • Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2011
    Thanks, Mark. I'm actually talking about senior photos, like the candid kind that seniors get for announcements, etc. These are not the yearbook ones. I also think the trend is regional -
  • Options
    Mark DickinsonMark Dickinson Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2011
    Correct, I was too. Even though you are doing personality shots, you will still need to do the same to get the school to passout your information. You might be good to spread the word if you know of a family friend, do their pics and let it spread. But you still need to bid a contract if the school is going to promote or recommend you, studio formals, or personality shots.
  • Options
    MileHighAkoMileHighAko Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2011
    Consider advertising in the school news paper, the programs at the school plays, and at athletic events.