CH48 Eye Phone . . . Can You See Me Now?

skufukuskufuku Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited October 2, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I've been working on this for a week and finally I think I have one I can post without embarrassing myself. Tell me what you think and what I might do to make it better. The biggest problem I'm having is getting the eye to look good; I've come to the conclusion that you can only pack so much resolution in such a tiny photo 128X128. Of course if I could Photo Shop I could make it perfect. Any suggestions?

Comments

• DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2005
    Great idea
    skufuku wrote:
    I've been working on this for a week and finally I think I have one I can post without embarrassing myself. Tell me what you think and what I might do to make it better. The biggest problem I'm having is getting the eye to look good; I've come to the conclusion that you can only pack so much resolution in such a tiny photo 128X128. Of course if I could Photo Shop I could make it perfect. Any suggestions?

Have you tried more of your face, perhaps with a finger to your mouth (Shhhhhhh don't tell anyone I'm in the phone) type of thing? Or the L "loser" sign, rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

I think your face would personalize it better, or how about a "confidential or top secret" phone photo?

Just offering up a few more suggestions for brain storming... great idea!
  • rckmtlrckmtl Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited September 26, 2005
    I think the eye looks pretty good considering it is on a cameraphone. It does look a little washed out. Could you try taking the eye picture in a room with a diffrent spectrum of light? If you can find a light source that is close to daylight(6500k) it might look a bit warmer
  • SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2005
    I like the idea, perhaps try and lay the phone down therefore removing your hands from the picture. It may also enhance the picture to have a black or dark background. Play around withy different pictures on the screen, you could convey different messages with certain pictures:

I like the eye though thumb.gif
  • skufukuskufuku Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited October 1, 2005
    Big Brother
    Thanks guys for the help. I wish I could respond quicker and post more often. Any way I've tried a couple more tell me what you think. Have I made it better or worse? Is this the right direction to take? I would change the title to BIg Brother, you know the George Orwell's novel "1984" theme.
    edited October 1, 2005
    edited October 1, 2005
  • Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2005
    Nice shots. I like the direction better than the original. thumb.gif I like the first and the 3rd. The middle one seems to me....a compromise of either of the others. I think I'm leaning slightly towards the first one for some reason. Perhaps more "pop" (clarity/color/composition) IMO.

Good luck

MM
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
    edited October 2, 2005
    Thanks Birdman I was leaning towards the first myself. Thanks again.