Baby Skin Work?

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited March 14, 2011 in People
OK... I shot some photos of my wife's cousin's newborn yesterday. He's only 9 days old and seems to be shedding his skin. He has a lot of flaky skin in the pics. Do you baby shooters do anything to minimize this in post or do your just let it be since it's part of being so new? :dunno
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• chris.vultaggiochris.vultaggio Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2011
    OK... I shot some photos of my wife's cousin's newborn yesterday. He's only 9 days old and seems to be shedding his skin. He has a lot of flaky skin in the pics. Do you baby shooters do anything to minimize this in post or do your just let it be since it's part of being so new? ne_nau.gif

Shoot in RAW and bring in a toplayer that has the clarity cut - then use that to mask in the softer skin.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2011
    Shoot in RAW and bring in a toplayer that has the clarity cut - then use that to mask in the softer skin.

I'm not really asking how to do it. I'm more curious to know IF this something baby shooters commonly do to babies that have flaky skin or do they leave it since it's comes with being a newborn.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • chris.vultaggiochris.vultaggio Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2011
    I'm not really asking how to do it. I'm more curious to know IF this something baby shooters commonly do to babies that have flaky skin or do they leave it since it's comes with being a newborn.

my bad - sorry about that. I do normally photoshop it out.
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2011
    Yes, smooth the skin a bit and improve the color if needed, some babies have red and purple tones. At least smooth it out. Some moms like the pink look for the skin, but not red or blotchy.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700