I need expert advice please???

ValerieJeanValerieJean Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
edited March 14, 2011 in People
Critique me... Please....

P.S.... I know this isn't a perfect shot.
I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help. ~Ruth Bernhard

Comments

• SurfdogSurfdog Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2011
    Critique me... Please....

P.S.... I know this isn't a perfect shot.

Very cute kiddo. The image is really washed out. Not sure what equipment you used, but a couple of quick post-processing steps would help alot. Here is the same shot (hope you don't mind) with a quick levels adjustment, a little burn in the background, and a touch of unsharp mask to sharpen it a bit.

It may be that the light from the window (?) to the left was hitting the lens enough to wash out the shot. Moving to where the light is more to the side of you might also help. Keep practicing!
    http://www.dvivianphoto.com

Don't worry. I can fix you in photoshop.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2011
    I agree with surfdog on the PP, it looks much better. Most people forget to look beyond their subject. Don't forget to look at the background as it is part of the photo. The plant stand or end table is growing out of his head. Look for a clear background to place your subject against so nothing is competing with the subject ofr attention. He is also a healthy fellow and the way he is sitting accents that fact. Place a parent on the floor lying on their back and place a cloth of a suitable color over them and have them hold the child on their tummy (ands under cloth0 ) in such a fashion as to make the child more errect.
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2011
    I'd crop this heavily! BTW - get right down to the child's level, rather than shoot from above!

ValerieJean2.jpg
  • Albert DicksonAlbert Dickson Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2011
    Great C&C here you guys are superb. Best Photography school on the web!