Options

Getting client feedback via LR3

mountainpzmountainpz Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
edited March 25, 2011 in Finishing School
Hello!

Just curious to know what you guys use to allow clients to rate/comment/label/select images/provide feedback (on an image-by-image basis) from an online gallery created through LR3. I was sent to lightroomgalleries.com but have not had much luck.

Thanks!
- Paul

Paul Zizka Photography: zizka.smugmug.com
The Blog - Twitter - Facebook

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2011
    I do it all at my smugmug in their private gallery....it is a lot of work for some not so much for others.....
    1- all proofs go up after running thru LR - have private gallery set for picture comments not gallery comments
    2- when client emails they are done selecting and adding their requests .... I rework to their specs
    3- upload reworked images and delete proofs (first).......this should now be a gallery of their best liked
    session photos......every once in a while I get a second email asking for a slightly different adjust to
    a pic and that is alright it gets renumbered with a - 2 or -3 and so on.......this usually happens when
    working with artistic types, actors, singers, artists of what ever medium....I do put a limit on this kind
    of rework to 1 reworked with 4 different treatments or 2 images reworked no more than 2 times each....
    After that it is at $75 per hour ................with a minimum charge of $50 ..........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited March 14, 2011
    Art Scott wrote: »
    I do it all at my smugmug in their private gallery....it is a lot of work for some not so much for others.....
    1- all proofs go up after running thru LR - have private gallery set for picture comments not gallery comments
    2- when client emails they are done selecting and adding their requests .... I rework to their specs
    3- upload reworked images and delete proofs (first).......this should now be a gallery of their best liked
    session photos......every once in a while I get a second email asking for a slightly different adjust to
    a pic and that is alright it gets renumbered with a - 2 or -3 and so on.......this usually happens when
    working with artistic types, actors, singers, artists of what ever medium....I do put a limit on this kind
    of rework to 1 reworked with 4 different treatments or 2 images reworked no more than 2 times each....
    After that it is at $75 per hour ................with a minimum charge of $50 ..........

Thanks for taking the time to share that Art. I considered using SmugMug but I find the galleries are not very efficient nor user-friendly when it comes to clients quickly rating or commenting or picking a shot, especially with the "comments" dialog box and me having to approve it, and when dealing with large numbers of files. I read somewhere a while ago that Lightroom had a much better way to go about this where you can easily get feedback from your clients. Thanks a lot for your input, I appreciate it.
    - Paul

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2011
    So far I have not had approved any comments from anyone.....In any gallery....so far.... ne_nau.gifdunno
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited March 15, 2011
    Art Scott wrote: »
    So far I have not had approved any comments from anyone.....In any gallery....so far.... ne_nau.gifdunno

That's because I have the "require comment approval" box checked. It is site-wide and I would rather leave it checked.
    - Paul

• Options
    edited March 15, 2011
    Has anybody had success getting feedback from clients through any of the LR3 gallery templates that are out there?
    - Paul

• Options
    edited March 16, 2011
    Bump. Just wondering if anybody has had luck with LR3 gallery templates that allow clients to provide feedback on which images they like best. Thanks!
    - Paul

• Options
    edited March 23, 2011
    So I decided to go with TTG - Client Response as a third party web gallery that allows my clients to provide me with some feedback on series of images from shoots. Everything goes great until I try to FTP upload to my site (www.zizka.ca redirected to http://zizka.smugmug.com). I am asked for Server, Username, Password and Server Path. I am guessing the required username and password are just my SmugMug username and p-word, but I am puzzled about the server and server path. Has anybody had any luck outputting through third party galleries such as this? Any idea what to enter in those fields? There has got to be more info about this on the forums but I was not able find any.

Many thanks!!!
    - Paul

• Options
    edited March 25, 2011
    Bump.
    - Paul

• Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2011
    I thought the Smugmug "Event" feature was supposed to allow for easier client feedback and the ability for them to pick favorites. Has anyone tried that?

I never use the Lightroom galleries because if you want to change one little thing, you have to upload the whole gallery all over again. Instead I only export the images that need to be replaced and the current Smugmug uploader can replace duplicate filenames.