Options

PSE 7 issues

munmimunmi Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited May 30, 2011 in Digital Darkroom
I recently installed Photoshop Elements 7 into my new Windows 7 computer. All had been working very well for several days. Then all of sudden with no warnings, the organizer in PSE 7 will not start. After the welcome page, I select Organizer, it barely begins to load, then a window opens stating the organizer is shutting down. I cannot open the organizer from within the editor, create, or share tools either.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled but to no improvement.

Any suggestions? I don't have a clue.
Scott

www.smitchellphotography.com
Munising, Michigan

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited April 6, 2011
    bump
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    rdallandrdalland Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2011
    munmi wrote: »

A quick google turned up the following:

Many people have reported problems running older versions of PSE and Photoshop Album (PSA) running on newer versions of Windows. Adobe formally supports only PSE 8 on Windows 7 (though earlier versions usually run well), and PSE 5.0.2 through 8 on Vista.

Running the older version of PSE in Vista or XP Compatibility Mode often fixes these problems. To change the compatibility mode:

1. Right-click the PSE icon on your desktop or in the Start Menu and select Properties > Compatibility.

2. Select Run This Program In Compatibilty Mode For, and try the various versions of Vista and XP.

If you have Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate, you can download Virtual PC XP Mode (free) and run PSE in a true Windows XP virtual machine that runs on top of Windows 7:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

This will allow you to run any version of PSE/PSA that ran on Windows XP.

http://www.johnrellis.com/psedbtool/photoshop-elements-faq.htm#_Troubleshooting_Organizer_crashes

HTH
  • Options
    PreshP2PreshP2 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 28, 2011
    I recently installed Photoshop Elements 7 into my new Windows 7 computer. All had been working very well for several days. Then all of sudden with no warnings, the organizer in PSE 7 will not start. After the welcome page, I select Organizer, it barely begins to load, then a window opens stating the organizer is shutting down. I cannot open the organizer from within the editor, create, or share tools either.

If the Windows 7 compabilility mode suggestion didn't work try logging in with a different proifle and see if it organizer opens. If so, you may have experienced corruption in a PSE file when an upload to smugmug was interrupted. I have a simiolar issue and that is how it happened. Still looking for the corrupt file - if anyone knows, please advise.ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    ablichterablichter Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2011

You might try if reseting preferences helps.
    Not sure if the same keystrokes are working like those for reseting PS preferences, but you can rename the preference-file in "C:\Users\your_login_name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\7.0\Editor\ and start PSE again.

Name of the file should be "Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 Prefs.psp"
  • Options
    PreshP2PreshP2 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 30, 2011
    Adobe Photoshop crashes when trying to open Organizer in PS Elements 6
    ablichter wrote: »
    You might try if reseting preferences helps.
    Not sure if the same keystrokes are working like those for reseting PS preferences, but you can rename the preference-file in "C:\Users\your_login_name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\7.0\Editor\ and start PSE again.

Name of the file should be "Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 Prefs.psp"

Using PSE 6 - Found the file at C:\Documents and Settings\MPaqyne\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\6.0\Editor
    The Organizer still won't open
    The issue occurred after an interrupted upload to Smugmug website

Any other ideas

OK - I fixed it - I deleted the following "Photoshop Elements" folder:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Adobe\Online Services\Photoshop Elements 6.0.0\clients\Photoshop Elements

The folder was recreated when I started Photoshop Elements 6 (Organizer)