Options

HDR Experiments

bobmielkebobmielke Banned Posts: 89 Big grins
edited March 16, 2011 in Technique
This is my first attempt at HDR. I was at the Japanese Gardens in Portland, OR and it was a busy tourist day. I tried not to interrupt the flow of foot traffic as I set up my tripod.

976430808_f6nhg-XL.jpg

959709216_82MRa-XL.jpg

976430770_LH7TK-M.jpg

959709342_X5CeN-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    Bob, your "experiments" look pretty darn nice to me. I think you did a nice job expanding the DR without getting into the over cooked look. They all look very natural to me. Nicely done.clap.gif
  • Options
    bobmielkebobmielke Banned Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    bgarland wrote: »
    Bob, your "experiments" look pretty darn nice to me. I think you did a nice job expanding the DR without getting into the over cooked look. They all look very natural to me. Nicely done.clap.gif

I hate the "grunge" look you refer to as "over-cooked". I want my HDRs to look very natural with details in the shadows & highlights.
  • Options
    bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    bobmielke wrote: »
    I hate the "grunge" look you refer to as "over-cooked". I want my HDRs to look very natural with details in the shadows & highlights.

And succeed you did. thumb.gif I like the views out the windows still being properly exposed. Great example of where HDR really helps capture the scene as you saw it.