Shots From Maxwell Mountain

RogeriousRogerious Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited March 17, 2011 in Landscapes
Here are a couple of pictures I took on a rather small mountain by my house - which I call Maxwell Mountain cuz I don't think it has a name; and my last is, well, Maxwell :D Let me know what you think.

I took this one as a storm was brewing. The whole sky was - across the horizon was pretty angry looking. I took a ton of photos and this came out the best. I only wish that the rainbow(s) were more prominent - but I missed the window and they faded into the clouds.

1127694757_Hm3ep-L.jpg

I took this picture on my way down the mountain - on my butt! I lost my footing and slid right passed it. I caught a glimpse of it as I passed it, then when I finally stopped, I climbed back up and though battered and bruised I took a few shots.

1101647651_cycsi-M.jpg

This next one didn't come out like I had hoped. As I was trudging up the mountain I saw this Ocotillo plant with the sun setting upon it, so I had to take a couple of shots. But the problem is is that there is too much going on around it to make it really stand out. So next time I'm bringing a weed-whacker with me and take out that bush behind it!

1101651552_w8ah8-M.jpg

Comments

• Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    I know what you mean about that last one. So many times when my brain can separate the pieces of an image, I get frustrated that sensors can't. #2 was certainly worth the climb back up. Nice job.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2011
    Love the clouds in the first one, the color in the second and the light just so on the ocotillo in the third. Maybe you can do some fancy pp with the last one - surrounding the tree with darker colors? The second is my favorite!
  • RogeriousRogerious Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited March 17, 2011
    Eia wrote: »
    Love the clouds in the first one, the color in the second and the light just so on the ocotillo in the third. Maybe you can do some fancy pp with the last one - surrounding the tree with darker colors? The second is my favorite!

Thanks for your comments fellow Arizonian. Yeah, I really wanted to get a "burning bush" effect from that shot. I'm mostly a Lightroom user now, but even so I don't like to mess with my photos too much (although I usually end up doing just that). I'm really trying to get the most I can out of camera; thus the weed-whacker! jk

Maybe next time I'll move in a bit more and open up the aperture another stop...(?) I like the second one too. Now I know a little bit about what it means to suffer for one's art. :)