Rusty Bridge

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited March 18, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
The bridge is just a few miles from my house.......

1218619448_nPaD8-XL.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    Nice bridge. thumb.gif

But since it is so close you need to go back and get us Rust Junkies a Good fix of Pushed Rust in abstract!
    :D

deal.gif

Don

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    As you know, Gary, I'm a big fan of your special slant toward PP work. In a few cases though.....such as here.... I find those points that are blown out to be a distraction from an otherwise great presentation. I'm sure others will feel differently.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • oldovaloldoval Registered Users Posts: 456 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2011
    I really like this....it's like the whole image has taken on the rusty texture.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2011
    this is a great shot. The level of PP is all a matter of taste. For me the red and oranges along with the blacks could be upped a bit, but keeping the grass and the overall perspective.
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2011
    Hi Gary

I'm not a big fan of abstracts but this is just a really great image. I love the form of this bridge and the perspective you've captured with the diminishing arches marching into the distance. Although I've been away from the forum for awhile and have missed your most recent work, I have to say that this one of the best images I've seen from you. I'd love to see other treatments of this image- B&W, normal colored version with a bit of extra saturation etc. You can get a lot of mileage from this subject. clap.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2011
    Everyone see's things differently :D -- I like your work on this. It has a hint of orange to balance out the browns well. To my eyes it's the blacks in it that seem to pull it all together.

Where's the water????
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2011
    Is that over the Gila river? Was it taken in the morning? I like the composition of this and I like the pp you gave it. I think I would go there at sunset and try a natural pic too!
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2011
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    Nice bridge. thumb.gif

But since it is so close you need to go back and get us Rust Junkies a Good fix of Pushed Rust in abstract!
    :D

deal.gif

Don

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Hi Don........I was going to push this one and didn't......I will do a another shoot and see what I can do.....THANKS FOR COMMENTING....:D
    edited March 17, 2011
    As you know, Gary, I'm a big fan of your special slant toward PP work. In a few cases though.....such as here.... I find those points that are blown out to be a distraction from an otherwise great presentation. I'm sure others will feel differently.

Take care,

Tom

Hi Tom......I always appreciate your comments ... Thanks for looking and the comment........:Dgary
    edited March 17, 2011
    oldoval wrote: »
    I really like this....it's like the whole image has taken on the rusty texture.

Hi Nate.......Thanks for looking and the comment........:Dgary
    edited March 17, 2011
    Jack'll do wrote: »
    Hi Gary

I'm not a big fan of abstracts but this is just a really great image. I love the form of this bridge and the perspective you've captured with the diminishing arches marching into the distance. Although I've been away from the forum for awhile and have missed your most recent work, I have to say that this one of the best images I've seen from you. I'd love to see other treatments of this image- B&W, normal colored version with a bit of extra saturation etc. You can get a lot of mileage from this subject. clap.gif

Thanks Jack....for the nice comment..... I will give another treatment a try..:Dgary
    edited March 17, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Everyone see's things differently :D -- I like your work on this. It has a hint of orange to balance out the browns well. To my eyes it's the blacks in it that seem to pull it all together.

Where's the water????

Where is the water.......:D Built the bridge just in case it rains....:DThis is Arizona......mwink.gif Thanks for the nice comment........gary
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2011
    Azzaro wrote: »
    Where is the water.......:D Built the bridge just in case it rains....:DThis is Arizona......mwink.gif Thanks for the nice comment........gary

rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
    edited March 17, 2011
    Eia wrote: »
    Is that over the Gila river? Was it taken in the morning? I like the composition of this and I like the pp you gave it. I think I would go there at sunset and try a natural pic too!

NOt the Gila.....The Bridge is about 50 miles west of Phoenix. The pic. was taken at mid day......I almost never do that....The OOC was awful ..... I will give it another try at a better time of day......Glad you liked it......gary
  • OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2011
    Great shot, I love the PP also!
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
    edited March 18, 2011
    OrvSal wrote: »
    Great shot, I love the PP also!

THANKS glad you liked it........:Dgary
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2011
    The composition and shot is on the money. Especially if it not a crop.
    A sweet image as shown. Maybe some over delighted. But thats a deal in
    itself. Ya know I love a software hit heading for impact if I can actually achieve it out of one original no add on's a plus. Like the stuff you keep
    aiming for Gary... and getting. :D Neat and then some thumb.gif
    Michael
    edited March 18, 2011
    DaddyO wrote: »
    The composition and shot is on the money. Especially if it not a crop.
    A sweet image as shown. Maybe some over delighted. But thats a deal in
    itself. Ya know I love a software hit heading for impact if I can actually achieve it out of one original no add on's a plus. Like the stuff you keep
    aiming for Gary... and getting. :D Neat and then some thumb.gif

THANKS MICHAEL......thumb.gifgary
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2011
    Good depth to this image Gary
    Randy
    edited March 18, 2011
    rwells wrote: »
    good depth to this image gary

thanks for the comment randy........:d