UK Printing/Checkout + Paypal

rharrisrharris Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
edited March 19, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Well, I just read a couple of lines down that you intend to add paypal as a payment option sometime soon - definately a good move forward, although slightly surprised it isn't already in place.

I guess what makes it difficult from my POV is the ordering system. If someone wants to order a set of prints, I have to get them to contact me so I have their email, forward them a folder to favourite the images they want to print, and then specify the size in another email. I then have to order them, and sort out the payment seperately which is another faff. It puts people off ordering I think. Is there a better solution?

Ideally, with paypal eventually linked, I would like people to be able to order directly through the site, using it at a checkout/payment system so I know (a) what they want (b) what size (c) where to send (d) that they've paid all in one. I would still order the prints through the lab I use in the UK. It also means that they can flick through the process by just arriving at one page, rather than what I describe above. Also, with paypal linked, one would imagine pound sterling prices could be listed, rather than USD which again confuses and puts people off.

Any feedback/suggestions welcome. Just thinking out loud here, not meaning to cause offence, but it is a little more difficult for UK users but things are certainly improving all the time, I just hope a bit feedback could help.

Many thanks,
Richard

Comments