Will the market change?

oakfieldphotography.comoakfieldphotography.com Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
edited March 19, 2011 in Cameras
Unfortunatly what happened in Japan is unforgettable and true to the markets thay reacted in a pretty volitale way.
Will this affect the market for the sale of second hand cameras too?:scratch

Regards
Patrick

Comments

• ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2011
    If you want a camera, get it now. Production will go down and it may be hard to find new cameras soon.
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2011
    Or, in theory, radiation could make it's way Nikon's Sendai factory and everybody would worry that ALL Nikon cameras will be radioactive, and there could be a huge drop in Nikon sales and stores will be over-stocked.

Either way, it's a tragedy and I feel bad for even thinking about cameras when thousands have lost their lives. :-(

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • oakfieldphotography.comoakfieldphotography.com Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2011
    Or, in theory, radiation could make it's way Nikon's Sendai factory and everybody would worry that ALL Nikon cameras will be radioactive, and there could be a huge drop in Nikon sales and stores will be over-stocked.

Either way, it's a tragedy and I feel bad for even thinking about cameras when thousands have lost their lives. :-(

=Matt=

Same here Matt.
    Should have never brought up the subject.
    Sorry
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2011
    Same here Matt.
    Should have never brought up the subject.
    Sorry
    It's still a good discussion that could seriously affect the rest of the world. People will lose jobs, etc. etc. and the industry could be dramatically affected for years.

As long as we're respectful and honor those who've lost their lives or loved ones.

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2011
    It is a tragic thing. But I am a selfish human who did think of the effect it would have a new models coming out. But I will do just fine with what I thankfully have when so many have lost everything. I live in California we could very well be next. By the grace of god go I.
    Plus my money and t shirts(I wish I had surplus blankets to send instead) I am donating to a relief mission of a friend of mine who has been involved with the Sendai area for years.
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • oakfieldphotography.comoakfieldphotography.com Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2011
    Just caught this on youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4FdPWhF19c
    Purley speculation but worth a look.
    Regards
    Patrick.:D