Options

Youth Lacrosse - First Images

northcoastnorthcoast Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
edited March 18, 2011 in Sports
My son just started Lacrosse. He is 9 years old and the game is new to both of us. They have been doing conditioning and today they were going to start on some basic positioning. I put the camera bag in my car just in case. Near the end of practice they let the kids play a bit with what they had just learned. I pulled the camera out and took a few as the sun was setting...

First time shooting Lacrosse and I just wanted to share.

#1 Nice Catch!
1219871695_3gXyr-L.jpg

#2 Down Ball!
1219742140_qyHJu-L.jpg

#3 My ball!
1219744242_XxojX-L.jpg

#4 Dig it out!
1219746304_4BG7p-L.jpg

#5 Where's my mouthgaurd?
1219768417_mpa4K-L.jpg

Where I really wanted to shoot from was just too wet. I ended up farther back from the field on a raised mound of dry grass. This looks like it will be a fun sport - for everyone!

Comments

• Options
    wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2011
    Nice exposures. Good work keeping faces visible under those pure white helmets!

Little kids are tough because they have the ball on the ground so frequently and are therefore always looking down.
    Regards

Will
    edited March 18, 2011
    wmstumme wrote: »
    Nice exposures. Good work keeping faces visible under those pure white helmets!

Little kids are tough because they have the ball on the ground so frequently and are therefore always looking down.

Thanks. I have learned so much in the short time spent lurking in this forum.

I had a lot with tops and backs of helmets. I ended up +0.7 EV and used center weighted average because of the white. I then recovered the blown helmet highlights in RAW...

I did try to get the faces and ball in the frames with a tight crop. I am following the other Lacrosse threads and I have viewed a number of galleries to get "inspiration". It really is a new sport for us...

I figure that I'll practice at practices prior to games starting. Any other advice for youth games is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Mark