Options

People in our Neighborhood...

snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
edited July 12, 2004 in People
I made some revisions to my picture from the challenge. Andy gave some constructive criticism, so I took it to heart and learned from it. I cropped the shot two different ways for better composition and changed the selective color to a more appropriate place. I think this draws the focus to the hands. Any comments?
5642484-M.jpg

The second one:
5862870-M.jpg

A new one, called Pedicure...
5862866-M.jpg

A third one... The Nail Salon
5904585-M.jpg

And the last one.... Pretty Toes

5862872-M.jpg

The girls insisted I take this one. They were so excited to show off their work. One foot belonged to a customer and the other was the foot of one of the Vietnamese girls. I'm going to order prints and bring them in to the salon. I think the girls will be thrilled. :D

Does anyone have any constructive criticism before I get prints? Can they be made better? Should I cut out the borders before ordering prints or leave them on? :dunno
"A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
Susan Appel Photography My Blog

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2004
    Manicure and pedicure
    I like the horizontal first manicure better than the other crop. I love the change in where you put the color.
    I really love the shot of the toes. Great picture of very good work.

I have no idea about framing. I seem to be kind of out of it in that area, I like frames online, don't know about in making a print. I have only ordered from Shutterfly last year and before, they have borders to play with, I often do put a white border on the picture.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2004
    nice work, snap!
    it's exciting and gratifying for me, to see folks that go back and try to improve. i like what you've done here, and also, you've made my day :D
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2004
    Andy...
    andy wrote:
    it's exciting and gratifying for me, to see folks that go back and try to improve. i like what you've done here, and also, you've made my day :D

Thanks for taking the time to look at my work. I really appreciate the time you put in here. I learn something every day.

Snappy
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog